For those of age in their place of residence, alcohol?

R_1

AVENites  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Do you drink vodka?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other
  2. 2. Do you drink beer?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other
  3. 3. Do you drink rum?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other
  4. 4. Do you drink wine?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other
  5. 5. Do you drink gin?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other
  6. 6. Do you drink whiskey?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other
  7. 7. Do you drink tequila?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other
  8. 8. Do you drink martini?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other
  9. 9. Do you drink magarita?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other
  10. 10. Do you drink any alcohol?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes to all, though I definitely like some of these more than others. But I will try just about any type of alcohol and like to try different types of cocktails and beers and wine and whatever. 

I rarely drink hard liquor straight, so if I have it it is usually in some time of cocktail or mixed drink, but I have on occasion had just whiskey over some ice, but it is not my favourite and I generally only drink that if offered and I feel in the mood for something like that. Oh and I guess I'll do tequila shots on occasion lol. 

I don't think I've ever had a classic martini, but I still said yes since I've had different martinis. Like every Christmas my step mom likes to make lychee cranberry martinis (these are dangerous, really sweet with a surprising amount of booze that hits quick lol), and a good espresso martini is nice once in a while. 

I mostly just drink beer and red wine though. 

Purple Red Panda

No to everything as I'm in recovery. When I did drink it was mainly vodka and lots of very cheap strong white cider.

If you drink this then the odds are that your life isn't exactly going well

Frosty_Jacks_3ltr_White_Cider_38932.jpg?

• Like 1
Blue eyes white dragon

I like rum and whiskey, mainly cocktails. I do drink vodka and wine but they aren't my favorite. I don't like beer

I drink everything on the list except for tequila and whisky. I don't like how they taste, especially tequila, I have very bad memories connected to it. I didn't get drunk on it, but one time they gave me a shot of a very bad quality tequila and it was SO BAD I swore not to drink tequila in my life anymore.

It was far more "no" here then I thought it would be.

Out of this list, anything but whiskey, martini and tequila. Rum and vodka only in cocktails, but in general I drink very little alcohol to begin with (I do like the occasional G&T or port though :lol: ) 

Alcohol? Yes, please. But only a couple a night. I don't like being drunk or even tipsy. Just want to enjoy a drink with dinner.

Whilst I will have the VERY rare fruity cider... I just can't deal with the taste of alcohol. I don't get why people like it.

A boring vote from me - straight no's

• Like 3

No to everything I have never ever drunk alcohol not once not even tasted it it smells bad enough now way I am going to drink that. Plus I have no interest in getting drunk and behaving like an idiot. 

Mainly beer now. Used to drink spurts occasionally. Don't like vermouth, and wine disagrees with me 

thegreatwolf

I don't drink alcohol at all  I have tried multiple diffrent things and officially said 'yeah not my thing' after some hard liquor and became rather aggressive.

• 2 weeks later...
Blueberry Pie

I just turned 21, so I can finally answer this poll! Haha. But, uh, no to everything, and it will probably remain no. I have never been interested in drinking. 

• Like 3
  • 4 weeks later...
smellincoffee

I'll drink most anything, though with rum & vodka I need to mix it with something.   My go-to is a gin & tonic,  a Sprite Zero + bourbon, or brandy neat.

I generally don't drink -- I've never liked the taste of alcohol.

AKA

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I'm not against drinking any particular alcohol, though I'm not a particular fan of vodka. Most alcohol I only drink if offered. This means usually only if I'm hanging out with my mom, she likes wine and offers me a glass too. Her husband sometimes offers me a rum drink (as in he mixes a drink with rum). 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Only socially! Awnsered no to the ones I haven't tried yet. I used to only drink beer if I was already tipsy because I don't like the taste much, I prefer cocktails or light wines, but lately been hanging out with a friend that only drinks beer and I'm acquiring a taste for it, never thought I'd see the day ahah

I like them all but rum and wine. I gravitate towards beer the most. Although, gin and tonic is my favorite drink I’ve had to date. Just not something I’d order when I’m out

• Like 2
CincinnatiAsexual

From time to time I have drunk about half of the items included in the survey, but it is very sparing. I drink socially, but it's only 1 glass usually. I used to not drink at all, but I'll have a drink maybe once a month so that I don't stick out like a sore thumb. The taste of beer I can never get behind though.

Old Maid Librarian

My doctor and I disagree on whether I use alcohol. I say I do because I enjoy a couple glasses of wine or a cocktail  when having a nice meal with friends. She says I don't because I have had only two drinks in 2022 and none in 2020-2021. (Not going out much because of COVID.) I don't keep alcohol at home because of depression.

I have had all of the things in the above list. I was a bit of a party animal in the 1970s. I am tamer now.

My first experience drinking Vodka was in late 1961 when I was not yet three. My parents were setting up for a big party for friends that were about to arrive. Then they saw me stumbling around and falling down, bumping into tables, etc. Something was clearly off about me. Then they saw that one of the glasses of screwdrivers (Vodka and orange juice) that they had premade and set on a low table had been drunk (because I drank it).

My grandparents let me drink when we visited their house in the 1960s. Their house smelled like a tavern, and they drank all day, every day, it seemed. They both lived to be nearly 100. They had friends and relatives over quite a lot for drinks and gambling. Still party animals at that age!

I’m not of age. But I occasionally drink (with parents permission) 

If I were to chose what to drink, a hard lemonade or a small glass of wine. 

I don’t like the taste of beer but when it’s basically juice, I think it tastes good

Luftschlosseule

I don't like the taste, the price, or what it does to my body. When I drank than usually because it was very sweet and drunk in tiny portions, or because it had strawberries in it. My mom once made bubbly with frozen strawberries and I tolerated the former to get to the latter.

And noow it turns out I should avoid fructose. The list of alcoholic things I could drink has shrunk to those I certainly avoid, so I do.

Also, to everyone in here who has said they don't drink because they have a history of alcoholism: I'm proud of you! That was a hard thing you did.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

@R_1

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator