Hi from relieved person

Tezzley

Hi all, I already posted once but forgot to introduce myself. I'm in my late thirties and just realized I might be asexual. I had the idea aces were totally non-sexual in everynway, when I found out the truth I was like "oh, that's totally me." I feel so relieved, after decades of trying to fit in I can just admit I don't like sex, never have, and that's OK. Knowing I don't have to force myself to do something I don't like is liberating. So that's me, happy to be here and happy to be asexual

• Like 6

Whilst I stumbled across asexuality in my late teens and thought it might apply, I subsequently forgot about it and only really looked into it again my 30s. At which point my life to date suddenly made a lot more sense! Better late than never and the relief is still fantastic! Congratulations on your realisations and I hope they work out as well for you as they did for me! 🍰

Welcome!

I was in my 40's when I first heard about ACE and suddenly everything fitted!  Like you said.  I found it freeing to realise I wasn't alone in the way I felt and it was ok not to like sex!

Hope you enjoy being on here.  I've learnt loads on this site!

@Tezzley Hello. Welcome! :cake:

:) If you're interested in browsing or chatting with others around your age, there's an Older Asexuals forum (with a 30s thread).

[a pic of a round, white-frosted cake decorated with purple crumbs packed all around the side. The cake is topped with what looks like, a bit, of purple sugar.]

menueditor_item_8480fbdcca0e43a2ae3f663b

12 hours ago, Iam9man said:

Whilst I stumbled across asexuality in my late teens and thought it might apply, I subsequently forgot about it and only really looked into it again my 30s. At which point my life to date suddenly made a lot more sense! Better late than never and the relief is still fantastic! Congratulations on your realisations and I hope they work out as well for you as they did for me! 🍰

Thanks so much! It literally never occurred to me until two days ago, I just thought i wasn't hung up on looks, and that sex would get better. But then I read a real description of Asexuality and it was a light bulb moment. And Relief is the right word. If someone had told me when I was younger I would one day come out as asexual I'd have flipped out and said there's no way, and thought it was a terrible thing. But instead I feel so happy, knowing I don't have to put myself through something I hate anymore. I'm still a baby Ace, but I feel so much better already, and I know it'll work out great.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Vixxie said:

Welcome!

I was in my 40's when I first heard about ACE and suddenly everything fitted!  Like you said.  I found it freeing to realise I wasn't alone in the way I felt and it was ok not to like sex!

Hope you enjoy being on here.  I've learnt loads on this site!

Thanks, I'm enjoying it a lot. It was like that for me, a sudden realization I was ACE. And it's really freeing, knowing I'll never have to have sex again unless I really want to because I'll only date people who know and respect me as an asexual. It's good to know I'm not alone, already I've learnt so much from the everyone.

• Like 1
ChipmunksBeCute
5 hours ago, Tezzley said:

Thanks, I'm enjoying it a lot. It was like that for me, a sudden realization I was ACE. And it's really freeing, knowing I'll never have to have sex again unless I really want to because I'll only date people who know and respect me as an asexual. It's good to know I'm not alone, already I've learnt so much from the everyone.

Welcome,

I get that feeling of relief and understanding.  I had that when I learned about asexuality when I was 25.  It's great that you have so much self-respect and this place has been a haven every time I needed a little help.

Thanks for sharing, Tezzley. It was similar for me - I was 38 (nearly 39) when I finally learned about asexuality & felt a similar sense of relief & validation, honestly, to know that what I had been feeling & experiencing was real & had a name. Looking back at journals I'd kept a decade or more before, it was so clear, I just didn't have the awareness or the language to understand or know until about two years ago. This site was immensely helpful, & I've viewed as a guest for a couple of years, but finally joined yesterday.