Mama mia, here we go again-

Lillikoi

I actually joined here when I came out in high school… then proceeded to go back on it and be very confused for several years. I didn’t even realize you could be aro or ace and still like people.

Then I saw a certain youtube video by Jaiden Animations and was like, “Oh crap. oh no.” 

So here we are again! My name is Egg, it is very nice to meet you. 

• Like 3

Hey Egg!! Nice to meet you!

I just watched that video.  I think it's amazing.  I'm 'older' and grew up believing you had to be married and have kids and if you didn't you were odd!  I made the mistake of conforming and it took until I was in my 40's and miserable to realise there was another option!  Now I'm ACE/Pan and in an amazing relationship and I'm happy.  But I get really angry when people ask if my now 23 year old daughter is in a relationship!  She's not sure but she thinks she's ACE Aro.  Whatever she decides I'll be happy for her cos that's all a parent should ever be!

I think there's 2 stages, well there was for me!  First you realise what ACE is and that you're it.  Then you change your mind and think what everyone is saying to you is true and you're not!

Then you think to hell with it I know who I am! Screw them!!!!!!

I'm lucky, I have the most supportive family.  Unfortunately, my daughters fathers family are the total opposite.  When one family member came out as gay they said it was a phaze and they'd grow out of it!!  Erm NO!

What I'm trying to say (badly!!!) is you'll get crap from people who haven't got a clue but just ignore them and you'll find good people who get you!  And this site is the perfect place to find them!!!

• Like 2

@Lillikoi Hello, Egg. Welcome back! :cake:

[a pic of a few, coconut cupcakes topped with a bottom layer of coconut frosting, then blueberry frosting and a few blueberries. There's a glass container of blueberries near the background.]

Coconut-Cupcakes-with-Coconut-and-Bluebe

Welcome! I’d ask your favourite Pokémon but I think I can already guess the answer, so favourite starter? :P 

Finished-Charmander-Cake.jpg