Hi! I think I found some piece of mind here!

icebear

Hello everyone. Thank you for this awesome community. I'm very happy I found this.

I'm 33 and I actually never stopped to think about the possibility of being asexual. I mean I've had tons of sex in my life and often masturbate. But one day I read on a random post on reddit the definition of asexual. I mean, I did know that was a thing, but after reading how that person felt I was like, yeah! That's me!

It felt a bit weird because all my life I tried soooo hard to fit in and I would go out with many many people and have lots of casual, random sex thinking that it would finally make me feel something if I just tried hard enough. It got to the point where it was mainly a self punishment tool.

Now that I'm older and have re-evaluated a lot of things in my life, I'm more comfortable with who I am in many ways. And learning about asexuality is kind of a relief, and with such good timing. A weight off my shoulders, if you will. I don't feel the need to feel "normal" anymore but it's so refreshing to see myself through a new perspective!

• Like 1