New Moderators needed: Nominations

Kelly

If you think you would be interested in being a moderator on AVEN, throw cookies, cakes, your hat, turnip, or whatever you have into the ring.

Candidates should only nominate themselves for one of the available forums and should make it clear in their nominate post which forum they are interested in.

Current forums available:

• Questions about Asexuality
  • Asexual Relationships
  • World Watch
  • Romantic and Aromantic Orientations
  • Gender Discussion
  • Just For Fun/AVEN Arcade
  • Tea and Sympathy
  • Open Mic
  • Co-mod for Hot Box
  • Site Comments

Eligibility requirements include being a member for at least 6 months, and having at least 100 posts that are not in the Just for Fun, AVEN Arcade, or Welcome Lounge forums. You also cannot run with an active, current, warning.

To learn more about what a mod does, please see here:

https://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/125346-what-a-mod-does-updated/

Also, see the following for election rules:

http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/90514-rules-and-procedure-for-elections/

Voting will be by a vote of confidence. A bio is required to be PMed to me by voting time.

You can run for only one office at a time.

Sunday, 11 September to Friday, 16 September: Nominations

Friday, 16 September to Monday, 19 September: Dedicated Q&A

Monday, 19 September to Saturday, 24 September: Voting

• Like 2

Goodness, that's a lot of forums that need moderating.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ceebs said:

Goodness, that's a lot of forums that need moderating.

You going up for any?

44 minutes ago, RileyA said:

You going up for any?

Couldn't even if I wanted to, thanks to that pesky warning in the same thread where you got a nudge. 🙃

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Ceebs said:

Couldn't even if I wanted to, thanks to that pesky warning in the same thread where you got a nudge. 🙃

Just means you know the rules!

• Like 1

since at the moment I am reading a lot of QaA and JFF wasn't much of a workload back in my days (😉) I would like to nominate myself for those and join the backroom again!

• Like 8

(Below is an official, green, mod message.)

Hi, everyone. Just thought I'd help give a friendly reminder that this topic is for the election, and that, if members have questions, comments, etc. about nudges, warns, etc. that would go in the Site Comments forum.

Also, just a helpful reminder that non-staff members don't have access to the backroom and, therefore, aren't aware of Admods' discussions for reports, other situations, etc., until they've been declassed.

Thank you!

LeChat,

Announcements, Welcome Lounge, and Alternate Language moderator

• Like 2

I would be interested in running for Tea and Sympathy moderator, but I’ve only been a member since April 🙁

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Ceebs said:

Couldn't even if I wanted to….. 🙃

Point me to said thread, please! I need something to read and due to the bio requirement will never be a mod. 🙄😂

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

due to the bio requirement will never be a mod. 🙄😂

Eh, the bio requirement doesn't actually need to be thorough... :ph34r: 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

Point me to said thread, please! I need something to read and due to the bio requirement will never be a mod. 🙄😂

Oh it was a few months ago, it was one you were posting in too in SPFA. It was all well and good and then some antisexual shit went down while you were asleep I guess, and I... wasn't very calm about it. 😂 I think I reported the thread myself and said go ahead and warn me, it was fine, I just wanted the other nonsense shut down before something more damaging or nasty or ridiculous was said. Most of it got hidden.

• Like 1

Shit sorry, just saw the greenie. Didn't scroll up further before reading Traveler's post cos I was notified.

Anyway, moving on.

3 hours ago, Autumn ace said:

I would be interested in running for Tea and Sympathy moderator, but I’ve only been a member since April 🙁

Aww you’d only need another month

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I guess it costs nothing to ask (if there is a cost to ask, please don't answer because I'm broke!)

I technically have been an AVEN member for more than six months and have been an admod before too*.

This is a super new profile though, so I'm guessing I wouldn't be eligible?

I think the answer is probably "Obviously not, don't be ridiculous, go away", but yeah.

*I don't know how to actually prove this

• Like 3
15 minutes ago, awadama said:

Your distinct style of memes. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, awadama said:

I have a vague memory of you having a mod/admin position

• Like 1
On 9/13/2022 at 9:49 AM, awadama said:

I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I guess it costs nothing to ask (if there is a cost to ask, please don't answer because I'm broke!)

I technically have been an AVEN member for more than six months and have been an admod before too*.

This is a super new profile though, so I'm guessing I wouldn't be eligible?

I think the answer is probably "Obviously not, don't be ridiculous, go away", but yeah.

Hi. Current procedure/rules are that every time a new account is made, it's treated the same as a new member, so you're ineligible because your account is new and hasn't reached the required six months. Sorry.

@Autumn ace and @awadama please do consider running in future when you become eligible. I think it's fair to say, there will be a lot of opportunities for joining the admod team in the coming months...

• Like 7
35 minutes ago, michaeld said:

@Autumn ace and @awadama please do consider running in future when you become eligible. I think it's fair to say, there will be a lot of opportunities for joining the admod team in the coming months...

I absolutely will consider running when I’m eligible

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, Autumn ace said:

I absolutely will consider running when I’m eligible

You only got about a month. I'd love to work with you 

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, TormentDubz said:

You only got about a month. I'd love to work with you 

Yeah. It seems like there are a lot of cool moderator on AVEN who would be nice to work with 

• Like 4
Guest Invisible Pumpkin
6 hours ago, awadama said:

Understandable, have a great day!

So, in February? 

I owe you a vote (the one in the poll with Sailor Moon and a puppy), which I trade for cookies I haven't got. Lets wait!! I want my cookies :P 

1 hour ago, Autumn ace said:

Yeah. It seems like there are a lot of cool moderator on AVEN who would be nice to work with 

:) Hi! I just thought I'd help let you know ahead of time that, in order to reach the required minimum of 100 posts outside of JFF, Arcade, and the Welcome Lounge forums, you'll need more posts in other forums.

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, LeChat said:

:) Hi! I just thought I'd help let you know ahead of time that, in order to reach the required minimum of 100 posts outside of JFF, Arcade, and the Welcome Lounge forums, you'll need more posts in other forums.

Understood. I’ll work on that 

• Like 3

Well, I waited too long to see if anyone else wanted it last time so I'll take my chance this time. I would like to run for Open Mic. 

• Like 4