Amend the Equality Act so Asexuality is an Orientation, Intersex as a Sex. U.K Petition.

Ace of circles

I stumbled upon this U.K Petition posted by Kieran Maharaj on the UK Government and Parliament site, and thought this would be the best site to share it on. 

It is titled 'Amend the Equality Act so Asexuality is an Orientation, Intersex as a Sex.' The description says: 

Section 11 of the Equality Act (2010), does not include intersex people which we believe it should. Section 12 of the Equality Act (2010), does not include asexual people which we believe it should. Being intersex is not equivalent to being male or female, and people who are described this way are completely ignored. Being asexual is completely legitimate. Relatively few people know that it exists. It being required to be on equality forms would make a significant difference in improving awareness of this.

Here is the link:

Amend the Equality Act

I hope you all have a wonderful day. 

• Like 5
notafigmentofurimagination
16 minutes ago, everywhere and nowhere said:

:( It's for UK citizens only.

damnn

i wish yall in the UK best of luck!  i hope this pulls through and I hope to hear about it coming out sometime!

Thanks for sharing! I signed it ^_^

Dominus Temporis

I can't believe it has so few signatures; I guess that really just highlights the issue.

• Like 3
everywhere and nowhere
30 minutes ago, Dominus Temporis said:

I can't believe it has so few signatures; I guess that really just highlights the issue.

Perhaps it's mostly promoted in international LGBT+ communities, such as ours, and most users can't sign it even if they wanted to? It should probably be promoted first of all within the UK.

• Like 2

I have signed it. I deactivated my Twitter account and have 30 friends on Facebook, so I don't think I can do much help with sharing it unfortunately. Might see if some of the Facebook groups I'm in (particularly the UK one) will let me share it there.

• Like 1

:) Since there are several U.K. members, here, some whom, also, post their U.K. project(s) on AVEN (e.g. @yazybee's Stonewall Project), this seems fine, to me, to post.

In other words, spreading the word (no matter how small, in several places) could, possibly, still help make a difference.

• Like 2