RileyA

Poll Audience   

39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is generally your target audience if unspecified?,

• Ace people unless I say otherwise
    • Everyone unless I say otherwise
    • I always specify because it varies

This poll is closed to new votes

...who are you usually wanting to respond? 

Some polls like the recent kissing one, I'm assuming sexuals need not answer because we will skewer results. Maybe not though.

J. van Deijck

Everyone. I don't want anyone to be excluded.

10 minutes ago, RileyA said:

Some polls like the recent kissing one, I'm assuming sexuals need not answer because we will skewer results. Maybe not though.

For that it's better to specify if you're ace or not, I think.

Lysandre, the Star-Crossed

It depends on how it's worded, if it doesn't explicitly specify the intended response pool then I assume it's fair game. For example I'll answer questions directed towards a named group like "ace spectrum folks" because I'm demisexual so it's not clearly excluding people like me. If it says "asexuals" and has no option for "I'm not asexual " then I tend to pass up on it, or answer in the comment section without adding my name to the vote tabulation.

• Like 1

@RileyA Hi! If it helps, if you're unsure who a member (who made a poll) would like to answer, then one option would be to ask them in a post, in the thread, before answering the poll.

Sometimes, members who make polls change/add on things to their polls, after a member(s) have asked them to clarify it or add something.

• Like 1
J. van Deijck
4 minutes ago, RileyA said:

You can't on the poll questions.

But you can on the answers. I've seen a lot of polls like that.

I always specify, or if I don't then it's probably not related to (a)sexuality in any way and it's for everyone.

If there is a specific audience, I'd specify the target audience

There are plenty of active AVEN members who aren't ace, so if I only want aces to answer the poll, I specify. If it's not specified, I assume it's fair game for everyone, unless the wording of the questions implies otherwise.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone and everyone. Except for when I need a certain group of people

But everyone usually, so I can track results across many groups of people

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone 

Waist of Thyme

Everyone. Most of the polls I make are random questions not related to asexuality.

• 10 months later...

@RileyA

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator