Confused

I'm a 50 year old male.married to my wife for 23 years. We've not slept together for 3 years as I just don't want to. She wants sex but I'm not interested in the slightest. This is putting a massive strain on our marriage as we keep fighting over it. She keeps saying I'm asexual and I'm starting to question weather I am. 

• Like 1
Sarah-Sylvia

Hi @Red666

Maybe y'are. It's up to you how you wanna identify, but either way it doesn't change the situation. It could though help both of you to know you do feel differently than the average (allo)sexual.

Welcome btw 🍰

15 hours ago, Red666 said:

I'm a 50 year old male.married to my wife for 23 years. We've not slept together for 3 years as I just don't want to. She wants sex but I'm not interested in the slightest. This is putting a massive strain on our marriage as we keep fighting over it. She keeps saying I'm asexual and I'm starting to question weather I am. 

Its hard to tell without more information. Have you always felt disinterested in sex, or is it something that just happened during the last few years? If you've always felt this way then sounds like you could be asexual. But I don't know if its only something recently you've been experiencing, then could be there is some other reason - something has changed in your marriage, health issues, etc... 

There are lots of different threads on this theme in different forums. Generally they have a title that points you in the right direction but try various searches for key words.

There are lots of different threads on this theme in different forums. Generally they have a title that points you in the right direction but try various searches for key words.

Ace/allo open marriage is one but a lot of them start in the welcome lounge after people have written an introduction to themselves.  You can always follow them to keep up with posts from others with similar experiences.

On 8/23/2022 at 4:47 PM, Red666 said:

Have you always been this way, though?  Or is it something new?