The older i get the more at peace i feel

I'm not that old to be honest (only 41) but with the years has come experience knowledge and knowing myself. It's taken decades of confusion, drugs and severe mental illness and 2 strokes through stress and no I'm not saying it for attention just to see if anyone has in the slightest way had any or non of the above experiences but now i feel so much more at peace, happy and truly slowly but surely feeling more comfortable and knowing with and of myself.

• Like 4

@Ccd Hi. Welcome! :cake:

:) Thanks, for sharing what you've gone through; it sounds especially nice, hearing when others who've gone through a lot in life feel happy, at peace, etc.

I am not as old as you, but I am also happy.

• Like 1

The older I get, the less I give a shit, which definitely leads to a higher level of contentment.  

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
imnotafreakofnature!

I'll be 59 soon, and I'm definitely happier, more at peace and more comfortable in my own skin as I get older. I think it comes mainly through self-acceptance - realizing that we're fine the way we are, and if other people can't accept us as we are, it's their problem, not ours. I never went the drugs and drinking route, but I've been through some tough shit (we all have stories to tell and wisdom to share), and I'm still standing. So I can tell you in no uncertain terms - those things all over our hearts and souls aren't battle scars. They're beauty marks.......and they're part of what make each of us the beautiful, unique, loveable and worthwhile people we are. 💗💗💗

• Like 6
3 hours ago, imnotafreakofnature! said:

those things all over our hearts and souls aren't battle scars. They're beauty marks.......and they're part of what make each of us the beautiful, unique, loveable and worthwhile people we are. 💗💗💗

well said

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2022 at 5:13 PM, imnotafreakofnature! said:

I'll be 59 soon, and I'm definitely happier, more at peace and more comfortable in my own skin as I get older. I think it comes mainly through self-acceptance - realizing that we're fine the way we are, and if other people can't accept us as we are, it's their problem, not ours. I never went the drugs and drinking route, but I've been through some tough shit (we all have stories to tell and wisdom to share), and I'm still standing. So I can tell you in no uncertain terms - those things all over our hearts and souls aren't battle scars. They're beauty marks.......and they're part of what make each of us the beautiful, unique, loveable and worthwhile people we are. 💗💗💗

I couldn't have said it any better myself.

• Like 1

Agreed, getting older puts a space between me and the nonsense.

I find that the more comfortable I get in my own skin, the more bother I seem to have with folk who are very unhappy with themselves.

That's where putting the distance between unnecessary drama and my happiness comes in handy.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
lost_my_baggage

Happiness kinda snuck up on me!  I loved my fifties, a decade where I felt my inner and outer beauty, as well as an urge to speak my mind. In my sixties, I am happier yet. I do think discontent of youth allows us to go out into the world to do the necessary exploring and becoming. 

• Like 3
imnotafreakofnature!
23 hours ago, lost_my_baggage said:

Happiness kinda snuck up on me!  I loved my fifties, a decade where I felt my inner and outer beauty, as well as an urge to speak my mind. In my sixties, I am happier yet.

Whenever someone asks me how old I am, I simply say, "I'm younger now than I have EVER been!" I've been saying it for several years now, because every year it becomes more and more true. 😃🤗🌞💖

• Like 3
On 1/17/2023 at 2:53 AM, lost_my_baggage said:

Happiness kinda snuck up on me!  I loved my fifties, a decade where I felt my inner and outer beauty, as well as an urge to speak my mind. In my sixties, I am happier yet. I do think discontent of youth allows us to go out into the world to do the necessary exploring and becoming. 

This!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Definitely feel getting older has led me to  not only greater maturity but greater peace as well

Being over 50 I feel calmer and more capable, even when facing unexpected changes

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Definitely getting easier as I approach the big 60. Hopefully behind me are the days when all my friends were couples , now some of them are embracing the single life that A has pushed me into. 

• Like 1