Hello

Kit The Kat

Hello I just joined.

I'm unsure of which terms exactly to use on my profile. I have never had sexual desire and never really wanted the changes of puberty but didn't want the opposite gender either. I have Autism from birth and acquired some other issues later in life. I'm now in my 50's.

I spent years thinking the lack of interest in others (in a romantic/sexual way) was due to the Autism but after joining a few autism forums with a lot of 'high functioning' people I was surprised to find many married or in relationships and a lot basically having 'desires' for a so called NT life that I had never desired.

Eventually I came across the terms aromantic/asexual/ace etc and wondered if that was the reason I am the way I am?  I'm not gay or Trans.

The body is female so I accept she/her pronouns as I've never known anything else.

I'm not completely sure whether I belong here or have understood what the terms mean correctly? ...but I know I only feel comfortable within platonic friendships.

• Like 1
WhiteCatandcherries
20 minutes ago, Kit The Kat said:

I'm not completely sure whether I belong here or have understood what the terms mean correctly? ...but I know I only feel comfortable within platonic friendships.

Welcome to aven!!🍰🍰🍰 (you get cake because of the joke that cake is on the (in my opinion long) list of things better than sex)

I think you belong here. Only you can determine your identity, but it sounds like you are both asexual and aromantic if you want neither sexual or romantic relationships 🙂 If you have any questions about terms or anything there is this part about questions about asexuality 

https://www.asexuality.org/en/forum/5-questions-about-asexuality/

and here you could ask questions about aromanticism

https://www.asexuality.org/en/forum/90-romantic-and-aromantic-orientations/

• Like 1
WhiteCatandcherries

Also nice profile pic and username! 🙂 Cats are lovely 🙂 

• Like 1

Hello. Welcome! :cake:

:) It's okay, if you feel you don't know what terms to use, yet. If you'd like, you can add your pronouns to your profile.

If you feel interested in chatting with others around your age, there's an Older Asexuals forum.

[a pic of a round cake decorated as a blue-gray-faced cat with blue and yellow eyes. The corner of the pic includes a pic of a real, blue-gray cat with yellow eyes.]

greycatreal.jpg

• Like 1

Thank you all for your welcomes! It was nice to wake up to all those delicious looking cakes!  😀  I had no idea 'KitKat' cake existed! ..though knowing my luck it probably isn't nut free and chocolate is my favourite thing!

I don't have a cat lol! I'd wanted a photo of a black panther with blue eyes but it wouldn't fit in the profile pic and I didn't know how to make the overall image smaller! ..and it was getting late here when I joined. 

I would like one in the future (a cute kitten not a panther!) but currently have a very prey driven dog who goes mental at the sight of one at the end of the street so I couldn't trust him with one in the house!  😀 

• Like 1
JustAnotherNerd

Hello and welcome! Take your time in finding out what labels fit you best, there's no rush at all. I hope you have a great day! :)

d1d3b865c9efabae459f675570bc603c.jpg

• Like 1
Anomaly Q3Xr

Hey and welcome to AVEN :)

4679340244-f1154ae1b0-b.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome!

On 8/19/2022 at 8:24 AM, Kit The Kat said:

though knowing my luck it probably isn't nut free

The wonderful thing about kit-kat cakes is quite often they’re just cakes with kit-kats layered on the outside, so you can make one without nuts :) 

ryo0gyaymbj21.jpg

• Like 1