Lord Revan

Are you Scared of Dying  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Are you scared of dying

• Yes
    • No
    • Other (put in comments)

This poll is closed to new votes

It depends on how I die. If I'm in a warzone them in crapping in my pants, and if a bullet is in the right time at the right place then yeah I die afraid. Or if I'm in a hostage situation thats also terrifying. But if I'm on my deathbed and at peace then I won't be afraid. 

I think some level of fear around dying is probably normal and healthy. Personally speaking, I don’t want to go before the people who would feel my loss the most.  After that I’m ambivalent, since it’s guaranteed for everyone at some point. 

Anomaly Q3Xr

I am quite terrified of it. Unless it is peacefully in my sleep.

Old Maid Librarian

Dying  itself, not particularly. As long as I don't develop a disease that takes away my mind, or worse, one that gradually paralyses my body leaving me aware but unable to communicate.

More afraid of outliving the few really close friends who are still alive and my cousin, who is my only surviving relative. New friends are hard to make as you age and they won't know the person I was, so will that person even exist?

I also worry about outliving my savings. Pension and Social Security come to just $2,000 per month and when I have to start drawing from my IRA that will only bring me up about another $300 per month, unless I draw it down very rapidly and hope to die sooner than later. When I was working,  I saved everything I could, about 15% of my net salary, while avoiding credit card debt, paying off my college loans as fast as I could, and paying extra on my mortgage so I do own my house outright now. I have a good mutual fund in addition to  my IRA, but I'm trying to save that for major house repairs, major medical expenses, and when the time comes that I need home help or an assisted living home. Every raise in SS is met with a raise in Medicare premiums, so some years I have actually gotten less money after they increase SS.

• Like 1
Squirrel Combat

I'm not scared of dying, because I have a theory that there is always someone narrating life in the first person, so when I die another person at some point in the future will be born and experience the world. It's like waking up as a brand new person but with no recollection of the previous life (unless I leave behind a body of work, a future life may never even know I lived).

I AM afraid of dying prematurely and not completing what I want to complete in life first.

• Like 2

I'm not completely scared, I know it's inevitable but I think I would be lying if I said that I don't have any fear

• Like 1

I've come to terms that death is inevitable and at least you get to choose what happens when it comes.

For example, I'm saving up money so I can turn into a coral reef when I pass

harmonic turquoise

I have almost died several times. Even with my eyes open, I became aware of my own mortality as my vision gradually became darker and darker. But strangely enough, I didn't feel that scared at the time.

I don't want to suffer and die, but I am not afraid of death itself. When I die, I will leave this world, but I believe that I will continue to exist even after death in a different way. We are all part of the universe. I believe that when I die, I will return to the universe, take some rest, and then be reborn again. Therefore, I think that death is the starting point of a new life.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I am scared of a painful death, but if I’ve done the things I would like to do, and die in my sleep, then I am not afraid of that. 

• Like 2

It seems most people are not afraid of actually dying -- the process -- but we are very worried about what happens to us before we die --- whether we'll be sick for a long time and in pain and trapped in bed or in a hospital.  

No.

Don't get me wrong it's the afterlife I am more concerned about "Heaven or Hell".

I burn easily so "Hell" is out not that I wouldn't love to roast with fellow sinners while rocking out some heavy metal music but I'm sensitive. 😂 

"Heaven" far to plush for my liking and everyday being peace and harmony. I'd get bored without some level of mischief to even out the balance.

Perhaps I'll sit on the staircase between both "Worlds" just chilling :)

binary suns

I'm not scared of dying, but I really badly want it to never happen and it makes me sad to think that I and other people just suddenly end all of a sudden although I understand that a lot of people like having an end to life once things have been done and its time to move on and I hope people can have a life worth living and satisfaction at the end of it

• 1 month later...

@Lord Revan

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator