Looking to interview other people on the ace spectrum

Hi everyone! I wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the research section, so apologies if this is wrong! For the past few months I've been working on my undergrad senior capstone project. I'm a photo major, so I've been working with my asexuality/grayromanticism and exploring the idea of potential futures as well as alternate realities for myself through photography. This has included what my life could have looked like if I had been a heterosexual/heteroromantic woman, if I had been asexual but trying to hide it, if I end up alone, etc. But, I feel like I'm limiting myself because I can only think of futures based on the experiences of those lives around me. I don't know other people like me, I don't know people that live alone happily, etc. In other words, it's a lot easier to think of negative outcomes because I don't know anything else. 

Because of this, I'd love to talk to other aces (especially older ones) about their experiences to better represent other ways my life could go. This would be super casual and could be done over a video call or email if that is preferable. Just a chat about your life, experience with relationships, your story essentially. This could remain anonymous. I'm doing this project both to help myself and others, both in terms of a better understanding and representation of this often invisible sexuality. Thank you so much for your help!

• Like 1

I'm always willing to help but I really don't have that many experiences. Only had one relationship in my life and it ended because of my sex-phobia

I'm in the "live alone happily" category. I think it's worth mentioning that being unpartnered doesn't have to mean being alone. I have some solitary hobbies like reading and spending time in nature by myself, and I do enjoy my own company. But I also love being around people, spending time with friends, chatting with neighbors, book club, community events. I like being social, but I don't feel the need to be partnered. 

I did have one relationship, a very happy one. I lost my partner to dementia. I have no interest in seeking that kind of relationship again, partly because I don't expect to meet another person who's compatible with me, but mostly because I don't feel the need to have a partner. I miss *him* but I don't feel like my life is incomplete or lonely without a partner. I feel like I do have a full life, and I'm happy. 

So if you're interested, I would be happy to talk about my experiences. It would need to be email for me, because of my speech disability.