Hello from the UK.

I have known for a long time I had a very low sexual attraction but wasn't sure why that was. Although I am attracted to the opposite sex and find some of them beautiful, the attraction isn't sexual, more romantic/aesthetic.

My lack of sexual interest doesn't concern me as it is all I know. It doesn't feel like I am missing out I am just indifferent to it.  To say you had no interest in sex being a teenager was just seen as a late developer or a closeted lesbian although it was a lesbian friend of mine who mentioned I might be asexual, and a counsillor, so before that I went along with that idea thinking I would change.

After a few attempts at relationships (one serious) I realised anything leading to being sexual was just not for me and converstations I have had with men who were interested  turning sexual  were very embarrassing and I'd find myself joking my way out of these situations yet again and can't take them seriously.    All I see that sex is good for is to make babies.   I can't identify with the needs of a sexual person, it's sad that I  have lost potential relationships because they find it hard to stay friends when they realise my lack of sexual interest.

Anyway after years of deliberating what to do I have been comfortable identifying as Ace for some time now. Although my family have known for a while (probably before me) some I generally I keep it to myself as the majority don't understand.

It is good to have found this forum,