Orlo in The Great

Opel the Old

Opel the Old

Spoiler alert:

The Great

season 2 episode 3

Orlo had experimented sex with both sexes and concluded he dislikes them both.

• Like 3

I watched that episode the other day and it made me so happy! Orlo had ace vibes from the beginning (his reaction when Catherine tried to seduce him, OMG) but I wondered if it would just be played for comedy. I'm glad they actually explored it and made it explicit.

• Like 1
cressida-cressida

Made me very happy too. I liked the character and hoped that he was genuinely uninterested and not just too shy or awkward. I was hoping that might be the case. :) Love the series in general but definitely hoping for more Orlo.

I got a bit sad when I was reading (the wikipedia entry) about the actual Catherine The Great and mentioned Orlov (Orlo inspiration?) as one of her lovers... but then I read more and realised how very, very, VERY little anything in the show has to do with history. I know it says "occasionally true" and later "almost entirely untrue" but I had underestimated HOW untrue it is!

• Like 1
Opel the Old
21 hours ago, cressida-cressida said:

Made me very happy too. I liked the character and hoped that he was genuinely uninterested and not just too shy or awkward. I was hoping that might be the case. :) Love the series in general but definitely hoping for more Orlo.

I got a bit sad when I was reading (the wikipedia entry) about the actual Catherine The Great and mentioned Orlov (Orlo inspiration?) as one of her lovers... but then I read more and realised how very, very, VERY little anything in the show has to do with history. I know it says "occasionally true" and later "almost entirely untrue" but I had underestimated HOW untrue it is!

I know this period relatively well,  already from the first series, I knew it is entirely untrue,  except the names of Peter,  Catherine and Elizabeth......

Anyway,  it is good to show not everyone is sex obsessed like everyone else on the show.....

• Like 1