AVENites with hearing loss  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How severe is your hearing loss?

• Mild
    • Moderate
    • Severe
    • Complete deafness
    • Inapplicable
  2. 2. What is the shape of your hearing?

• Flat
    • Slope leaning toward high frequency loss
    • Slope leaning toward low frequency loss
    • U Slope
    • Inapplicable

This poll is closed to new votes

This is a poll specifically for those with some to all hearing loss. As I am one, I would like to know other cases here.

J. van Deijck

I have about 70 dB hearing loss that seems to be mixed, both conductive and sensorineural (is that the right word?). Basically, I hear middle frequencies the best, I don't hear the lowest and the highest.

Galaxy of the Greenwood

I don't actually know the severity of mine for sure — I've been hard of hearing since birth and nobody has ever bothered to tell me — but I know that I have "cookie bite" hearing loss which is severe enough to affect my ability to communicate and warrant hearing aids, without being so severe that I can't communicate verbally at all without them, so my guess is that it's moderate?

It's weird to see that most here are of U slope/cookie-bite variant. I saw where I lie within my test result, and it shows severe hearing loss. Nothing that hearing aid can't help.

• 1 month later...

I have mild hearing loss but I don’t know what shape to classify it as. It looks a bit like reclining patio furniture? Flat, slightly up, dowwwwn, flat, UP. 

edit: cookie bite low frequency loss!

• 11 months later...

@R_1

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator