The totally gratuitous 'Telecaster and Ceebs are finally visiting' thread

3 hours ago, Ceebs said:

the author is a writer for The Guardian but writing under a different name.

Probably because the poor but excellent Guardian can't afford to pay him/her a proper wage.  

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Traveler40 said:

Snapped this pic yesterday to dovetail with yours in this thread:

Damn, that's beautiful.

5 hours ago, Sally said:

blarghhhh!!!!!

😂 Sorry... I felt like I had to mention sex at least once lol.

5 hours ago, Sally said:

Probably because the poor but excellent Guardian can't afford to pay him/her a proper wage.  

Also yeah, good point. Quite possibly true...

Today's highlights so far involve me offering to comb through a container of jelly beans Tele bought himself at Walmart last night and pick out all the black liquorice ones cos he doesn't like them. #goodwifematerial

I'm not the biggest fan myself so I don't really want them. I put them in a Ziploc bag to give to my mum or my ex lol, both of whom love liquorice. 😂

ECCDAFCD-6327-4-A57-BA48-30183-DC85-D9-D

• Like 6
Windmills of My Mind
On 8/6/2022 at 2:35 PM, Ceebs said:

In totally unrelated thoughts, that damn swivel chair is growing on me. I wanna... liberate it... from the hotel. :ph34r:

Also totally unrelated, rumor has it these chairs go well with a Tim Horton's mug :ph34r:

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Windmills of My Mind said:

Also totally unrelated, rumor has it these chairs go well with a Tim Horton's mug :ph34r:

Actually laughed aloud at that.

Hrmmmmmmm... :ph34r:

We were actually discussing yesterday how you could wheel out the door at the end of the hallway. They might have security cameras though...

• Like 3
Windmills of My Mind

Cue the "Mission Impossible" sound track  😇

• Like 3

Yeah, I don't like black licorice or black licorice jelly beans either. That was really nice of you to pick them all out for him! :) 

• Like 1

So. OH MY GOD.

The swimming pool isn't in use (COVID reasons, I think), but I was creeping round the fitness room and the breakfast area in the lobby, and a couple of the windows in the fitness room look out over the pool.

And...

...wait for it...

THE WHOLE POOL IS FILLED WITH THOSE CHAIRS.

8547-CB9-E-DBF9-40-A9-9-DBC-3889570074-B

• Like 13

Also I used the loo next to the fitness room and what I think was a cockroach crawled across the floor while I was weeing. I smushed it under my flip-flop and it made a crunch sound.

🤢

47 minutes ago, Ceebs said:

So. OH MY GOD.

The swimming pool isn't in use (COVID reasons, I think), but I was creeping round the fitness room and the breakfast area in the lobby, and a couple of the windows in the fitness room look out over the pool.

And...

...wait for it...

THE WHOLE POOL IS FILLED WITH THOSE CHAIRS.

8547-CB9-E-DBF9-40-A9-9-DBC-3889570074-B

RFLMAO 😂

Now, you absolutely MUST! It’s just one…

Disclaimer:  (👈🏼She did it! 🫢🤣)

EDIT: back away from the chairs. Do not let peer pressure influence you. 

That I even have to come back to type this has me chuckling.

• Like 2
Windmills of My Mind

A John Irving title springs to mind.

Setting Free The Chairs

Setting Free The Chairs

Edited by Windmills of My Mind
Struggles to properly insert image
  • Like 1
StarryNightAllAlone

@Ceebs You forgot the most important question. What color are his eyes?

Ok so here's a thing that just happened.

We went out the door at the end of the hallway for a smoke (Tele had quit at one point but intermittently takes it up and then stops again... I've cut down but do still smoke regularly... just leave the judgement for another time lol) and there's a little area out back with a picnic table and some trees and I said it would be a good place to fuck and then we started kissing like a pair of teenagers and getting a bit... touchy-feely... for a minute or two. On the way back in I commented that as long as my vertigo and stupid digestive stuff isn't really really unbearable, I'll probably always be up for fucking. I said the bit about being up for fucking just as we came in, and there was a cleaning lady RIGHT THERE with her cart, cleaning the nearest room. We both started laughing and I whispered something about 'oh my god kill me now' and walked very very very quickly down the hall to our room. Where Tele couldn't get the key card to work to open our door for like a full minute at least and I was hiding behind him. 😂

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Ceebs said:

Ok so here's a thing that just happened.

We went out the door at the end of the hallway for a smoke (Tele had quit at one point but intermittently takes it up and then stops again... I've cut down but do still smoke regularly... just leave the judgement for another time lol) and there's a little area out back with a picnic table and some trees and I said it would be a good place to fuck and then we started kissing like a pair of teenagers and getting a bit... touchy-feely... for a minute or two. On the way back in I commented that as long as my vertigo and stupid digestive stuff doesn't isn't really really unbearable, I'll probably always be up for fucking. I said the bit about being up for fucking just as we came in, and there was a cleaning lady RIGHT THERE with her cart, cleaning the nearest room. We both started laughing and I whispered something about 'oh my god kill me now' and walked very very very quickly down the hall to our room. Where Tele couldn't get the key card to work to open our door for like a full minute at least and I was hiding behind him. 😂

Yep - you’re 12.  🤣♥️

Had you transposed those numbers and been older, you’d have been coming in from already having done the deed back by the picnic tables. Just sayin’ - Double🤣

#flirtingwithprison every which way! Ha

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, StarryNightAllAlone said:

@Ceebs You forgot the most important question. What color are his eyes?

Oh lol sorry. Greenish-brownish-grey. Not that different from my own but mine are a little... warmer-coloured.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

Yep - you’re 12.  🤣♥️

Lol 12? That seems a little young. What were you doing at 12?! I was quite innocent. 😇

• Like 2

Also this is definitely just encouraging me to do it even more...

32 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

EDIT: back away from the chairs. Do not let peer pressure influence you. 

...but you knew that. :P

• Like 1

I read a book called, “The White Hotel” that had some smut in it. For a 12 year old it was quite salacious.

Well, it was also horrific and set against the backdrop of WWII in Nazi Germany and all, but the smut was jarring to my 12 year old self. 😬

Sigh, I LOVED smut in my books. 

• Like 1
Just now, Traveler40 said:

I read a book called, “The White Hotel”

Googling.

Geez, I googled it too - what the hell do I recall that’s correct? Haha.  Sure enough it was that book though. 

All I know for certain are the images that remain and the fact that I rang the bell for the first time ever while reading it. (without knowing what that was at the time!)

EDIT: It was great growing up in a house that had an open bookshelf policy. Whatever was on the shelf was fair game. Well, that and a Mom who didn’t pay attention to the kid that would actually pick anything off the shelf and read it…ha

• Like 1

Enquiring minds wanna know:

1. What’s Tele’s take on the chair?

2. Is he still reading the trashy thriller or has he intelligently rethought that? 
3. When do you get to go back home?

4. After “LurvFest” summer 2022, who gets to move?

Yeah, yeah, enjoy the now. I’m also recalling Tele’s poem to you when the last visitor you had left and pillows were wet with tears. (Bad relationship, I know,  but it was the VISIT and subsequent POEM I’m recalling….)

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Traveler40 said:

1. What’s Tele’s take on the chair?

He's sort of fond of it and not opposed to its liberation. 😂

2. Is he still reading the trashy thriller or has he intelligently rethought that? 

He finished it a few hours ago lol. Reading something else on his Kindle now, I haven't asked what yet. I think I'm dragging him over to the bookstore soonish, though. I've been having a bit of a lie-down cos of still feeling shit, but I think I'm going to make myself a coffee in my travel mug here and get him to wander over to the bookstore with me.

3. When do you get to go back home?

Tomorrow, it seems. Cold water was back as of yesterday and hot should be on this afternoon... but NOT because it's actually totally fixed. 🙄 It's just that the basement flooding has stopped and the water is hooked up to next door again and my landlord apparently installed a water heater for just my flat (dunno if the other people below me get one too, but I imagine they must?). We have the hotel booked for one more night though, and I think I'm too exhausted to go back this evening. So tomorrow it is.

Who knows when the whole mess will be properly dealt with...

4. After “LurvFest” summer 2022, who gets to move?

I genuinely have no idea. 🙃 I'm not in a place to be moving at the moment for sure, but I don't know what the long-term plan is. We've yet to figure that out...

I’m also recalling Tele’s poem to you when the last visitor you had left and pillows were left wet with tears. (Bad relationship, I know,  but it was the VISIT and subsequent POEM I’m recalling….)

Ha, you know... I mentioned that to him recently, right before the visit, about how he posted that poem back then.

I'm gonna be such a mess when he leaves. The whole world will seem wrong. It's been disconcerting when I've done the long-distance thing with a other people (my ex-husband initially, and then the relationship with my ex-girlfriend that you referenced), and those connections were nothing like this... not even close. Sigh.

• Like 4

Also lol... funny thing is, I had feelings for him at the time, when he posted the poem. Probably cos that other relationship was not too great and something in me very much sensed my compatibility with him. I remember he joked that he wouldn't be averse to coming to Canada as a wedding guest if that other relationship had gone a more positive direction instead of how it did, and my brain was like... YES, PLEASE COME TO CANADA, TELE. 😅

(Ok, my brain actually took the scenario of him being here to filthier realms as well... :ph34r:😂)

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Ceebs said:

Also I used the loo next to the fitness room and what I think was a cockroach crawled across the floor while I was weeing. I smushed it under my flip-flop and it made a crunch sound.

🤢

If I had been asked what posts I might expect  during the CEEBS MEETS TELE thread, this would not be one.  

• Like 3

So we went over to the bookstore. There was a guy at the front of the store with signed copies of his book and he was trying to talk to people as they came in and sell some. We stood and listened to him for a bit... he was super polite and told us the gist of his novel. He grew up in Nigeria and moved to Canada, and the story is set in Africa. I commented to Tele after that it must be really awkward to have to do sales pitches like that. A few minutes later he said he was tempted to get a copy because it's got to be frustrating standing there all day trying to talk to people when you know they're not at all likely to actually buy anything. I looked at him and said, 'You know that means you're a good person, right?' and he laughed and said something about don't tell AVEN. So here I am telling AVEN. 😎

Anyway. He ended up buying me a book I fell in love with (Origins of a Song: 202 True Inspirations Behind the World's Greatest Lyrics) cos we both have a huge Thing for music and lyric nerdery, and a mug with a hedgehog on that says 'hedge-hug!' on the rim inside, and I said I wanted to get him something as well and he'd mentioned he kind of wanted to buy a book anyway, so I told him to choose one and come find me when he was ready to check out. About ten minutes later he appeared and said he was going to get the book from the guy we were talking to. I should've figured. We went back over to him just as he was packing up his stack of copies and Tele said he wanted one and made some joke about the awkwardness of trying to sell stuff to people and the guy said thank you for making him laugh. And that's your wholesome story for the day lol.

On that note... some random bookstore pics (we found that Ace book by Angela Chen, haha)... and one from earlier at the hotel when we were lying in bed (in a very chaste way lol; I was having bad vertigo again and it was all very innocent 😂) and I took my glasses off and he put them on that knitted lobster I sent him last year that came along for the trip.

(There's another Tele photo in here... so don't quote cos I'm gonna remove the ones of him at some point.)

7955884-C-E0-EB-4-AE3-800-D-8-D2-F5719-F

A867-D6-CB-63-E3-4303-AD69-5028-D72-C46-

33739431-2392-4537-B822-060-C87086-FA6.j

0-E28536-E-F3-A7-463-D-9394-55-BAC27-C1-

[edited]

Edited by Ceebs
  • Like 9

Also no, I did not arrange those mugs with the letters on them to spell out what they do lol. Someone else did that and I pointed it out to Tele and we both laughed.

• Like 7

Lol the mug arrangement is great. I'm curious to know how the book is that Tele got. I'm glad somebody supported that author after all the time he spent pitching it to people who likely couldn't care less. 

Also how conveniently ironic you found an entire pool full of those chairs! What if you disassemble the chair and take it out in pieces? Would be much less suspicious than carrying the whole thing out the door. 

• Like 3

Okay, I kinda want an "I will always woof you" mug, and I don't even like that song.

What if you disassemble the chair and take it out in pieces? Would be much less suspicious than carrying the whole thing out the door. 

This sounds like the only reasonable course of action to me.

Make sure you and Tele get your "what are you talking about; what chair?" stories straight beforehand.

• Like 1