The totally gratuitous 'Telecaster and Ceebs are finally visiting' thread

**CONTAINS A LOT OF SAP, AND PROBABLY SOME MENTION OF SEX AT SOME POINT**

(You've been warned.)

So after two years and nearly three months of me and @Telecaster68 being A Thing, an Us, a couple, and over four years of friendship -- thanks to AVEN -- we're finally getting to visit. I'm counting down the hours now until Tele's flight from the UK arrives here in Canada at the airport in Toronto and then he makes his way to me about an hour north of there (I'm hoping to get some sleep in the meantime, as I've not had much at all over the past bunch of days here). I'm fully aware that this thread is ridiculously self-indulgent and I'm not even sure what exactly I plan to post here, but I suppose it'll be a bit of an ongoing journal of random visit stuff for the next several weeks. I suppose I could've put it in the Celebrations forum, but somehow SPFA just seemed right. AVEN isn't generally where two sexual people meet and fall in lurrrvvvvv... but then I'm not known for being too normal, and as I've learnt over the past few years, Tele's a bit of a weird one too (I say that with love, to be clear 😂).

I've had some pretty shitty days here recently... no water in my flat for four days a couple weeks ago, some new-ish medical shit popping up that's absolutely exhausting me and stressing me out a lot, mundane but suddenly very urgent errands I had to run because they couldn't be avoided, appointments and clinic/hospital visits... and then earlier today, no goddamn water at my place again. My landlord is a cheapskate arsehole who didn't actually fix the problem but just came up with a temporary solution (piping water into the house from the building next door), and this morning while I was out dealing with some medical stuff, the whole basement flooded. Came home to find no running water once again, a plumber who told me that it's pretty much a disaster and that the insurance people had been called, and that there's no timeline for when it'll be fixed. I'm hopeful it'll be over the next few days (and given that my landlord owns a business on the ground floor, I assume it's important to him as well), but who knows. So for now I have a hotel room. I'm here on my own tonight, utterly exhausted right now, and Tele will be here tomorrow afternoon. How romantic... I guess we can pretend we're having some sort illicit tryst? 😂

And yes, since we're not asexual and both had previous mismatched relationships in regards to that aspect... yep, looking forward to The Sex (probably why I put this in SPFA lol). Very much. 😅 But right now, in this moment, amidst the exhaustion and stress and various worries and problems, I'm looking forward even more to simply being close to my Person. To hugging and being held and lying quietly together and feeling like maybe I can rest a little. Safe. Home. I knew long before we were a couple how I felt, and now I get to express all of it to my favourite human in the ways I've wanted to for ages. I mean... we do very well with the long-distance stuff lol, romantically and sexually and just in terms of general emotional connection and being there for each other... but now we get to have the fullest version of all of that. I've never wanted anything more in my entire life.

On that note, here's the hotel room I've got haha. That's New York City in the giant photo, right? Maybe we can pretend we've gone on holiday there? 😂

D235-B61-E-5851-4017-B513-27-D1-B03-FA5-

Also the fucking loo roll was on the wrong way when I came in. 😡 OVER, not under! (Fight me.) Naturally, I fixed it.

CEDA8-F1-D-B306-4-B17-80-CA-8080-FBF42-C

• Like 30

Room looks awesome. Have the best time! 

Plus side with a hotel room is that you don't have to worry about domestic duties. More time to talk and stuff...

• Like 4
3 hours ago, RileyA said:

Room looks awesome.

It's... well, acceptable lol. 3.6/5 on Google. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I stayed here with my mum once years ago (2007-ish?) and I remember it being a little less... dated. In the other room, there's a swivel chair that's legit from the 1970s or thereabouts. 😂 Will have to snap a photo...

Anyway. Thank you. :) 

StarryNightAllAlone

I hope you and Tele have a delightful visit. You deserve to have some love and tlc after all the crap you've been through lately. I'm sure you'll be too busy showing Tele the quality of the bed sheets to worry about other things. 😉

• Like 6
1 minute ago, StarryNightAllAlone said:

showing Tele the quality of the bed sheets

😂😂😂

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Ceebs said:

It's... well, acceptable lol. 3.6/5 on Google. 🤷🏼‍♀️ I stayed here with my mum once years ago (2007-ish?) and I remember it being a little less... dated. In the other room at the desk, there's a swivel chair that's legit from the 1970s or thereabouts. 😂 Will have to snap a photo...

Anyway. Thank you. :) 

I've stayed at some places in Toronto where you'd not even touch the bed. It's beautiful.

• Like 1
Deltalorian

Hey nice. I'm sure people on here can appreciate a happy and wholesome couple, I know I can. Have a great time, and make sure the hotel knows of the grave sin they've committed. 

• Like 5
Following Through

Wow, big event. 

I hope it lives up to your expectations. 

*sending good vibes* 

🙂

• Like 4

Not exactly how it panned out as planned, but as I said previously, it's not what we imagine that we need, it's what we get that'll make for memories. You might not be feeling the best, stuff's not working right, but whatever happens will make both for interesting memories down the road, and with time, laughs. You'll be able to say one day, "Hey, remember the first time you saw me in person and my house flooded?" You will never live that again. Even if it's shitty, it'll be a memorable event.

All I can say is this. Meeting in person brings a lot of new and unfamiliar connections at first. For you, it might be overwhelming. There's always an adjustment period. I'm sure you're anticipating it. Just remember to breathe, and things will flow smooth enough.

You are doing what I never got to do with my first love. I didn't move fast enough in time. I did, at least manage to do it one time with another person I cared about. Finally meet and see face to face.

I hope you cherish and get to enjoy whatever comes your way Ceebs. I know you won't take it for granted.

• Like 4

Too much text and bullshit but Ceebs and Tele finally got a room.

Is it just me, or would I make a good Spartan?

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, RileyA said:

I've stayed at some places in Toronto where you'd not even touch the bed. It's beautiful.

My best friend from my childhood/teen years once spent Valentine's Day at the Royal York in Toronto with her ex-boyfriend. They were about 18-19 at the time, no idea how they afforded it.

3 minutes ago, E said:

I hope you cherish and get to enjoy whatever comes your way Ceebs. I know you won't take it for granted.

Thank you, and you're right... I sure won't, not for a single moment.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ashmedai said:

Is it just me, or would I make a good Spartan?

Can't argue with that. 😂

4 minutes ago, Ceebs said:

Can't argue with that. 😂

It clicked in earlier when I was listening to a podcast about Greek myths. One time Sparta was banned from the Olympics, but one guy tried sneaking in pretending he was from Thebes. He got caught out because one's rather chatty and the other not.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Ashmedai said:

one's rather chatty and the other not

😂

I do tend to be... quite verbose.

(Well, in writing and around people I'm close to. Otherwise I'm fairly quiet and often anxious.)

• Like 1

Oh hey, @Philip027... I bought that rainbow vomit unicorn hoodie I told you about and it arrived a few days ago. It's one of the items of clothing I brought to the hotel here with me; might wear it when Tele shows up. :P 

Gutted to hear about your flat that sounds like a nightmare 😕.

On the other hand, you get to spend your time with telecaster in that hotel which looks pretty sweet actually.

Wish you all the best Ceebs, and that your flat gets sorted soon!

• Like 5

@CeebsI hope you have a great time together!

Good luck and best wishes re all the other stuff you are having to deal with at the moment.

Canada has terrific landscapes and scenery. No offence, New York, but why couldn’t the hotel showcase some Canadian wonders instead?

Also, I’m highly amused that you capitalised ‘The Sex’. (‘It’s not sex, it’s The Sex’. Reminds me of a series of ads from some time ago: ‘It’s not XXXXX. It’s M&S XXXXX.’)

• Like 3
Just now, Elsin said:

Wish you all the best Ceebs, and that your flat gets sorted soon!

Thank you, same obviously. 😅 

Landlord isn't even paying for the hotel. By law he doesn't have to, and he's really cheap so he won't. He's a financial planner and quite well off... and also a penny-pincher. Tele and I joked about committing a murder together and how that would definitely be a very bonding couple's activity, and I said maybe we could end up as the subject of an episode of my favourite true crime podcast (Morbid).

(DISCLAIMER: THAT IS A JOKE. NO ONE IS MURDERING ANYONE.)

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Tystie said:

No offence, New York, but why couldn’t the hotel showcase some Canadian wonders instead?

Right?! I thought that too.

2 minutes ago, Tystie said:

Also, I’m highly amused that you capitalised ‘The Sex’.

You're not the only one who's said that when I've written 'The Sex' lol.

• Like 3
Anomaly Q3Xr

Have a fantastic time together, you deserve it. And I agree 100% on the toilet roll.

• Like 6
Purple Red Panda

Hope you have a fantastic time together and you are completely correct about the bog roll.

• Like 2

Sorry to hear you've been through the ringer, but I suspect you'll make the best out of this bad situation.  That's arguably what a big part of good relationships are all about, not that they're generally negative experiences overall, but that the bad stuff doesn't feel as bad with the right person around.

Our first landlord in Montreal was a loser, too.  Thankfully the two we've had since then were a big step up.  We're in Halifax now, and we had to book a hotel room on our first night here because our stuff took longer to arrive than initially thought.

I will say that most hotels don't get the toilet paper orientation right, in my experience anyway.  I've just come to accept it by now.

• Like 2

...wait, is this the first time you two get to spend time together in meatspace?! *surprised blink*

• Like 3
Windmills of My Mind
2 hours ago, Ceebs said:

Also the fucking loo roll was on the wrong way when I came in. 😡 OVER, not under! (Fight me.) Naturally, I fixed it.

Not to start any heated arguments on a delicate subject, but over the years there have been many arguments for either side being "correct". The original patent application shows the roll "the wrong way" if you will. In various surveys, around 70% of people prefer the over position. In a survey of 1,000 Americans, Cottonelle found that "overs" are more likely than "unders" to notice a roll's direction (74 percent), to be annoyed when the direction is "incorrect" (24 percent), and to have flipped the direction at a friend's home (27 percent). No mention is made of "overs" to flip the direction in hotel rooms, but you appear to confirm statistics. At least with regard to the all important orientation of the loo roll, that is 😀

The case study of "toilet paper orientation" is an important teaching tool in instruction sociology students in the practice of social constructionism. In the article "Bathroom Politics: Introducing Students to Sociological Thinking from the Bottom Up" (*), Eastern Institute of Technology sociology professor Edgar Alan Burns (**) describes some reasons toilet paper politics is worthy of examination. On the first day of Burns' introductory course in sociology, he asks his students, "Which way do you think a roll of toilet paper should hang?" In the following fifty minutes, the students examine why they picked their answers, exploring the social construction of "rules and practices which they have never consciously thought about before". Burns' activity has been adopted by a social psychology course at the University of Notre Dame, where it is used to illustrate the principles of Berger and Luckmann's 1966 classic The Social Construction of Reality.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_paper_orientation

(*) would that be intended pun? Who knows 😂

(**) all those in favour of reading this as misspelled professor "Bums", raise your hands

Normal service may now resume, regardless of your favorite orientation of the loo roll. Back to Ceebs and Tele, here's wishing you a great time together. Looking forward to whatever you may want to share with us. If we don't hear from you for a while, I will just assume the two of you are either exhausted or very busy trying to get exhausted, one way or another. Here's to Ceebs and Tele 🥂

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Windmills of My Mind said:

Not to start any heated arguments on a delicate subject

I knew someone was going to do something like that. 😂

29 minutes ago, Windmills of My Mind said:

I mayyyyyy have looked at that Wikipedia page at least a couple times in the past. 😅

(I love all those toilet paper orientation facts btw. I'm a total nerd.)

29 minutes ago, Windmills of My Mind said:

Here's to Ceebs and Tele 🥂

😁 Indeed. Thanks!

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

We're in Halifax now

Oooh never been there. I've wanted to go (although I want to go to Newfoundland more). My ex-husband went to uni at Dalhousie in Halifax.

50 minutes ago, Philip027 said:

the bad stuff doesn't feel as bad with the right person around.

Yep, amen to that.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Ceebs said:

In the other room, there's a swivel chair that's legit from the 1970s or thereabouts. 😂 Will have to snap a photo...

Here's that chair. 😂

9-B65683-B-5464-493-D-81-FB-936-EF6023-B

• Like 7
Windmills of My Mind
3 hours ago, RileyA said:

It seems totally fine as any half decent anonymous hotel room. Other than with relatives I have only stayed in Toronto city once for a few nights, it was in a totally lovely place (to me). Would stay there again if I could on a next visit. Definitely very different from a standard hotel room.

I love the swivel chair. If it were bolted to the floor, it could have been a seat from Star Trek's USS Enterprise bridge.

Edited by Windmills of My Mind
the chair
  • Like 1

I just realised I interpreted that comment incorrectly, about not touching the bed. Blame it on severe lack of sleep...

Yeah, I had that option of a place I know is well-known for drugs and crime and sex work stuff. Didn't choose that one...

Sorry you’re out of your place but I hope you and Tele have a fabulous time regardless!

And I’m an over.  Who wants to touch the wall getting loo paper?  XD

• Like 2