Hi To Each Of You

Mountain Mama

Mountain Mama

Hi! I just joined about 5 minutes ago after finding AVEN last week and reading nearly every post in most forums since then! As I said in the Welcome Forum a few moments ago, once finding AVEN I've been living with equal portions of disbelief, joy and finally...breathing, after holding my breath for a long long time... ... ...

I may also still be somewhat in a state of shock, as I'm 58 years old and it's been just 4 days now that I've begun to know and honor a most significant part of myself ~ my Asexuality.

I am so looking forward to asking and answering many many questions but will close for now as the journey here has been most exhausting.

Take care, All

Welcome!

Have some more cake :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake: because :cake: is always good.

I understand how you feel, I was so relieved to find there were others like me. The next best thing about this site was actually getting to MEET some of the others in person! We had the first KC meetup on Saturday and it was great. I wished we had time for a little more in-depth conversation, but it was a great start.

Hi, Mountain Mama,

It's wonderful to have you here!

I'm "older Ace" myself, but I have been spending much of my time thus far with them young'uns. One of the many blessings of asexuality is that we can to a certain extent divest ourselves of the cultural expectations associated with age--especially the part about sizing others up as potential biological mates. Of course, life experience and the intellectual explorations one has done are very, very important in choosing friends.

I am intrigued that you are in the clergy and into Process Theology. This could be fascinating territory for discussion here. I have not done much formal exploration of Process Theology, but I did meet Charles Hartshorne here in Austin back in the early eighties, and he gave me a copy of his book on birdsong, Born to Sing. And I have long believed that all consciousness is simply the evolving mind of God. That understanding came along after having been raised an atheist, and atheism, in turn, gave me the tools of critical examination, the scientific method, and a willingness to see through the political deceptions of religious institutions.

The certainty of one's asexuality does come as a shock, doesn't it??!! It rocked my boat, even though I had long suspected it. It takes community and consensus to put oneself on the map, and--social creatures that we are--we seem to need some sort of map to believe in ourselves; otherwise we're mired in ontological insecurity, wondering what is wrong and whether we are the only one. This site is a Godsend in the sincerest way. We are on the cutting edge of human social evolution here; God is turning the microscope and the telescope back on Her/Himself to explore this amazing dimension of human potential.

And what is it? With the confidence that accompanies actually believing in it--finally, I'd venture that it is not a loss at all, but a gain. There is much to be said about that.

It is so good to have it ratified.

osito

I couldn't believe it when I found AVEN either; it's so liberating! I have to admit that for the first few months I mainly lurked,then I began posting...and haven't stopped much since. :wink: :lol:

I've been to a couple of meetings in London and they're great fun. If youever get to go to one near-ish you, I'd thoroughly recommend it.

Oh, and I nearly forgot...have some welcome :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake: :mrgreen:

Welcome to AVEN :cake::cake::cake:

The realization that you are not alone in the universe is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo overwhelming at first.

Feeling alone for decades, the freak of nature, the outcast, the wierdo and then come to a place like AVEN and discover you are as normal as everyone else, just different, along with millions of others just like you.

Yes, it does take your breath away. Yes it does take some getting used to.

So glad you made the jump and joined us in our little community. Well I guess it isn't all that little, it's growing daily. :lol:

Have some more :cake::cake::cake:

You can't ever get enough :cake::cake::cake:

Oh did I offer you some :cake::cake::cake:

More :cake::cake::cake: over here!

Welcome!

Hi again!!! It's cool that you're here! :D

Welcome!

Good to see all newcomers. Yes, those who lust to not have sex with anybody are all over the place!

Hi and welcome aboard.

It is a great feeling to know that you're not alone, that you're not the only person in the world who feels this way.

Archived