Love is also messaging your partner in the dead of the night because you have another song you want added to your funeral playlist that you told him about years ago when you were Just Friends™ lol.

(Yes I have a list of songs I want played at my funeral. I don't even really want a funeral, but.)

(Ok I'm done with this thread... for now... 😅)

• Like 1

I confess I've spent my whole life trying to figure out what romantic love is all about. I've watched couples that I've known for decades act horribly toward each other, sometimes abusively, and the next day they're back to holding hands and planning dinner together as if nothing has happened. I love them, and they're lots of fun to be around, but the drama gets exhausting after a few days and I'm reminded that sort of life would not be for me. They have a mutual magnetism that I can't quite grasp as an asexual, and I can only surmise that what happens in my absence plays a big part. 😄

On 7/24/2022 at 9:08 PM, coyote55 said:

I've watched couples that I've known for decades act horribly toward each other, sometimes abusively, and the next day they're back to holding hands and planning dinner together as if nothing has happened.

On 7/24/2022 at 9:08 PM, coyote55 said:

the drama gets exhausting after a few days and I'm reminded that sort of life would not be for me

Nor me. Thankfully, drama is not at all required for love. Or magnetism or passion or literally any part of a romantic relationship. I much prefer it without.

I've never loved a human. But I do love my cat 😻 To me its like a feeling of happiness whenever I'm around her. I often experience alot of feelings of depression and anxiety when I'm at work. When I come home my cat is waiting for me and gives me a lovely cuddle and its like a magic tonic because I always feel better. I love spending time with her, I try to do things that will make her happy, I try to be a better person for her.

I think alot of people use the word "love" for feelings that arent really love. Like they say they've "fallen in love" with someone they've just met. But they hardly even know that person. I would call that attraction (sexual, romantic etc..), a crush, infatuation ... I wouldn't call that true love. 

Anyways, I do absolutely love my cat 🥰 She is so beautiful and sweet and I don't care if people think I'm weird for loving my cat so much. 😝 The only time I feel happy is when I'm with my cat. We take care of eachother. She saved my life 😇 

See how gushy I am about my cat! That's love I guess! I have never felt this for any human.

• Like 2