Bubble Tea

GingerRose

What is your favourite bubble tea flavour?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite bubble tea flavour?

• Taro
    • Strawberry
    • Matcha
    • Brown Sugar
    • Honeydew
    • Peach
    • Winter Melon
    • Lychee
    • Coconut
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

a little annihilation

lavender 

I just get plain black milk tea, preferably unsweetened since the boba has enough sugar for me...

everywhere and nowhere
On 7/6/2022 at 11:57 PM, iff said:

I only heard of it when in the novel "f (a novel)" by Daniel kehlmann, there is a teenager in it with a t-shirt "bubbletea is not a drink I like".

Neither I nor the main character understand what that means. 

Why advertise your dislike of a drink on a t-shirt? Sure I do not like coffee but I wouldn't wear a t-shirt telling people that. 

I find it a little weird too, but I guess... that in a situation in which everyone would keep pressuring you to try something (food/drink/activity etc.) you don't want, one could start wearing such a T-shirt as a way of saying "Give me a break, OK?". I hate alcohol and I wouldn't go as far as to advertise mt dislike on a T-shirt, but I do indeed feel marginalised in a world which assumes that everyone enjoys the taste of some alcoholic drinks, everyone must desire the psychoactive effects of alcohol, everyone must enjoy partying, and that people who don't drink alcohol are to be pitied... This, and asexuality (the vast majority of asexuals have probably had someone tell them at some point "I'm sorry that you're asexual" :angry:), are the foremost examples of how can supposedly positive feelings of feeling sorry for someone be used in an extremely negative, harassing, and probably knowingly harassing way: people who say such things usually realise very well that I'm happy about my preferences, and yet they choose to express their dislike of my choices...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

@GingerRose

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator