I want an asexual boyfriend

cryspatus

After breaking up with my last boyfriend I have decided to only date asexuals. The problems with our difference in sex preference were just too much to reconcile. I don't want to go through that again. I would love to have an asexual boyfriend I can be myself with.. with no worries about sex.. but I don't know where to find any guys that are asexual. Everywhere I look there are guys trying to have sex. I looked at the asexual dating sites and most of them were down and no one really uses them.

Does anyone have any advice? past experiences?

Or if any intelligent guys are reading this (between 20-27) feel free to PM me :)

Meeeee tooooooooooooo.

Sorry I can't offer experiences, but I totally know where you're coming from. It's hard to relax in a relationship when you feel that constant, steady move towards sex.

the only advice I have is that depending on where you live...you might have a hard time finding an A partner...

Wolf X Omega

I Can relate to that, I've come to accept that I'll never have an Asexual Girlfriend, because my country is damn concentred in sex that it's just ridiculuos the way people deal with it daily, even so I haven't lost all hope, I have found a few friends who think they might be asexual! and all because of me! isn't that nice?

Not only you sure. I could enjoy an asexual girlfriend... maybe someday. Keep looking, you will found what you want.

Interacting with he community here has created a few couples.

I understand, I want an asexual girlfriend. I have never had a girlfriend period, and I don't even know when, let alone how, to begin to explain the asexual thing. But I doubt that near where I am, anyone but me even knows about asexuality, let alone is asexual, and in France where I'll be moving asexuality is "less advanced" than it is in the States. Although where I'll be in france does have some members of AVEN, so I'm optimistic.

I've just given up on it while I'm in university.

Hey... when yah find one, find out if he has an older brother, will yah?

And one for me please!

Yeah I'm definately worried about this. I only realised I was asexual a short time ago. unfortunately I've been with my sexual girlfriend for 5.5 years and she doesn't know. I'm afraid that when I tell her we'll split up which is neccesarily a bad thing but on the other hand I don't want to be alone forever.

On another note though:

209430129346ccde4998870.jpg

Your quite tasty and if I was single and lived a bit closer to you i'd PM you. Good luck on that.

I'd love to have a boyfriend that didn't try to grope me the moment we were alone :(

Ohh me too me to ... bf4me

are they handing them out ..

am i to late ?

huh huh am I

*chuckle*

~A~

what's a girlfriend or boyfriend? i'm clueless :? . Oh I kno, Let's'll be friends first! Hey! another Jerseian. I'm closer to nyc tho.

Um i got an older brother, very intelligent, but rt now u might become the 4th girlfriend of his :wink: .

gee, about 0.66% A-girls, 0.33% A-boys. what r the odds?

You'd think this would make it easier for me to find an A-girlfriend. Seriously, we need to all start wearing like, wristbands or something cause I would be thrilled if there was an asexual girl at my university. I really, really doubt that though.

You'd think this would make it easier for me to find an A-girlfriend. Seriously, we need to all start wearing like, wristbands or something cause I would be thrilled if there was an asexual girl at my university. I really, really doubt that though.

Well, with the "1% of the population" estimate that gets thrown around, it would be likely there would be more than one. Awareness would be more the issue - they probably wouldn't know AVEN, and wouldn't recognize any wristband we might wear.

But yes, I can relate to the sentiment.

Seriously, we need to all start wearing like, wristbands or something....

You know, last year we had the whole black ring thing to help us know one another...we should get something else like that going agin, but maybe with something more obvious...

hmm, how do gays identify each other?

Damaris, agreed. Big triangle necklace? AVEN hat? Maybe those ic chips used to track dogs? Or we can create a whole style of outfit, like there's hip-hop look, goth, etc. An A-style, maybe with an amoeba flag.... :wink:

I want someone who will be with me romantically as I am and I'm beginning to think that long-term sexless romantic relationships with sexuals aren't possible for me. I guess that means I want an asexual boyfriend, too! Of course, I am okay with a sexual one as long as there isn't any sex!!

hmm, how do gays identify each other?

Damaris, agreed. Big triangle necklace? AVEN hat? Maybe those ic chips used to track dogs? Or we can create a whole style of outfit, like there's hip-hop look, goth, etc. An A-style, maybe with an amoeba flag.... :wink:

Well there's gaydar (mine's quite accurate) and also rainbows and pink are hallmarks of the gay culture. But I like wearing rainbows and I'm only bisensual.

Cryspatus, when you figure out the secret to finding an asexual boyfriend, please let me know. I am in the same boat you are in... have resigned myself to being single or dating asexual men. No other real options. I once thought I could be an asexual and date normally, but really it was nothing more than a train wreck. I wish I had suggestions other than be true to yourself and be honest about what you're looking for. Oh, and don't settle!

Yellow

lol, I will definitely let everyone here know when I find out where all the asexual men are hiding.

I really think we should have something we can all wear in common. I agree with Zeisha that hip-hop kids, goths, punks, etc. have their own style.. There should be something like a wristband we can all wear.. I would definitely buy one if there was

Hey, I'd be all for the wristband thing. Mostly because it'd give me an excuse to wear something different.

As for where the asexual guys are hiding, I'm in an underground bunker in upstate NY, trying to protect myself from the borderline-oppressive sexuality of my surrounding friends and culture. But, that's nothing new..

-FlyTags

hey, im in the same boat as many of you as well, its so hard to find other asexuals (the wristband is a good idea, i would wear one, it would be like a secret code only known to other asexuals)

however i was talking to an aven member earlier today and he does the long distance thing, and it seems to be working out pretty well for him, so thats always an option and people should keep that in mind, even tho it's hard. anyways, im open to chatting with new people, after ebing away from Aven for a while, I realized I needed to come back for the support!

thanks and good luck to all!

CrazyCatLover

Me too! That was the only negative part of accepting my sexuality and my true desire for a sexless marriage. I feel like I have virtually no hope.

Yes, we should wear wristbands. I like that idea. I'm also bugging the counseling center at my university for not offering any support for asexuals (they have a "coming out" pamphlet for LGBT, but no mention of A). Maybe they can get a group going - there should be around 200 on my campus...

Davehat that's sad that your girlfriend would dump you....however, i'd volunteer to be first on that list :P

Archived