Finally

EverythingForEveryone

EverythingForEveryone

So I finally admitted to my self and a small number of people that I'm asexual & aromantic. It feels like such a weight has been lifted off my soul.  I have felt so alone and broken for over three decades. I spent half of that time in a relationship I really should have bailed on a long time ago. I ended up suffering some much abuse that I have CPTSD.  I'm really glad to know that there are lots of people out there like. I think I'll figure out how to work through this but right now I'm overwhelmed with regret for my younger self.  It's hard not to think about how much pain and suffering I might have been saved if I had embraced myself when I was younger.  I tried to explain this to family and friends but no one understood anything about asexuality back then. I'm kind of an emotional mess right now. I'm cycling through such a wide range of emotions.  I'm kinda all over the place but I just wanted to say hey y'all and hopefully make a few new friends.

• Like 6

I feel the same, it just made so much sense to be aromantic. I'm glad that weight has been lifted off of you! 

ExquisiteMystery
On 6/23/2022 at 11:30 PM, stampoc said:

cried my eyes out when I found this strangely amazing world exists

Me too. The relief of self recognition was huge.

On 6/23/2022 at 11:04 PM, EverythingForEveryone said:

So I finally admitted to my self and a small number of people that I'm asexual & aromantic. It feels like such a weight has been lifted off my soul. 

I'm happy you were able to come out. And its great you feel relieved. I'm sure you can find people here who share some interests.

In the mean time, here's some welcome cake:

a617294702c42168514871228477f094.jpg

Welcome @EverythingForEveryone🍰🧁🍰 So sorry you had to go through all that. I hope you'll find support in our community ❤️ Recently realized I am asexual, let me tell you my mind was blown when i read the real, proper definition of asexuality for the first time. I was like: "But... but... THAT'S ME!"

EverythingForEveryone

Yeah the more I read the more I'm like well damn that's. I want to go back in time and tell my highschool counselor I'm depressed because I'm ace and no one will listen to me. It's not because I'm on drugs. That one stuck with me.

Welcome! The cake is because cake is better than sex, plus it’s good for welcoming new people :D 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg