do asexuals masterbate?

frustr8ed

Adm_Twister_JCOM

I don't bother. I have more important things in my life to do, like writing books and hanging out with friends.

if you're too afraid to ask you could always research it online on your own...just be careful what links you click on.

oh, haha, I meant that it may be awkward for others to answer me. I thought about google, but I know what you mean about clicking those links when you type in something like that. Meh, it doesn't really bother me whether I know or not, I can just leave it up to my imagination XD

If you do, I found a site dedicated to female masturbation, so if you do want ot know I can give you that link. (I was trying to figure out what I was missing, people kept making me seem like a bad person for not wanting sex, there's nothing wrong with trying it, I'm trying to develop an immunity to sex so I stop getting grossed ou twhen people talk about it </defenisve "I'm still a repulsed asexual" rant>)

But, yeah, if you've got no interest- don't bother. I found out about it in an unpleasant way and wish I never had.

• 2 months later...
Guest Gatorbreath

The purpose behind masturbation for an asexual such as myself would be to reduce or eliminate the negative side-effects from the hormone known as testosterone, while it doesn't enhance or promote any desire or motivation in me to have sex with another person, it does interfere with my ability to concentrate and more often than not, if left un-checked it puts me in an irritable and aggressive mood (see-foul-tempered and nasty).

The "physical release" provides some relief from this biological stress and allows one to go about their business. I look at it as nothing more than scratching an itch on my brain. The technique employed for this therapy is a bit of a zen art and does not require erotic stimulation, fantasy or even a great deal of time. I would say it's analogous to making your self vomit when your not even sick. Inducing vomiting and being able ejaculate are natural reactions to specific physical stimulation.

I thought I would make this contribution to help others understand how and why it would be possible or indeed necessary for a male asexual to masturbate. It's something I know my last partner was curious about and if not for the negative side-effects of the testosterone, it's something I would prefer to abstain from myself, if for no other reason than it reminds me that I am different than others, at least in this respect.

No need to be disgusted about it...it is your body after all! It works differently from person to person and it don't matter whether it's normal or not. I do but I have noticed that I am doing it less. Instead I get to spend an extra few minutes sleeping! :D

I don't think I've already posted on this topic? Anyway, I'm sexual and I don't masturbate. I think I tried it a couple of times and now I don't get the urge anymore. Although I don't really feel 'connected' with my body to manipulate it into enhancing the initial feelings. I don't know how much sense that makes. If I get the initial feelings from some external source, that's good enough for me.

I don't... There are other things I'd prefer doing... empty & clean out the litterbox, for example...

You are a cat? :blink:

I wish MY cats cleaned out their own litter boxes!!

I rarely masturbate and Im Sexual. : / Just isnt satisfying to do something that stimulates feel good feelings down there, when I dont have anyone to stimulate feel good feelings mentally. If I get an itch down there for touch and I cant get my boyfriend to oblige.. I mostly dont even bother trying to make it go away manually. It just is a letdown and ends in frustration. I just wait it out. Whenever I do give in, I always end up feeling empty.

• 4 weeks later...
PrincessMinori

I do. I just wish I didn't have a desire to. It's like... I can do it very quickly, I enjoy the feelings while they happen, it can be pleasant and satisfying....

But afterwards, I feel like crap. I feel stupid and messed up and weird. And as far as actual sexual feelings for someone else, NO WAY. I'm fine with dealing with my urges on my own. I never want to have sex. The thought makes me sick to my stomach.

I masturbate when my body feels like it needs it. It physically feels good, but that's all I really get out of it. I haven't done it as of late.

The only thing more boring than having some guy play with my naughty bits would be for me to play with them myself - YAWN.

mad_scientist
I masturbate when my body feels like it needs it. It physically feels good, but that's all I really get out of it. I haven't done it as of late.

Me neither, and I'm concerned about this, since I'm usually quite active in that area. Just haven't been interested lately, though. Could it be a medical problem? (Not that I'm complaining, it's an urge I'd rather do without.)

Me neither, and I'm concerned about this, since I'm usually quite active in that area. Just haven't been interested lately, though. Could it be a medical problem? (Not that I'm complaining, it's an urge I'd rather do without.)

Could be a change in age, health, stress, or routine. Chances are you're find, but you could bring it up with your doctor next time you see them. It's worth mentioning, but probably not worth worrying about.

Never have, probably never will! I tried to give it a go once but I just got bored and wasn't really sure what I should be doing/feeling.

I do. I feel the need to, but I do it without anyone in mind and I have no need to progress to having sex with anyone.

Nope.

I tried, but I didn't feel anything special. But then again, I don't think I could, since it just doesn't come naturally to me - also, if I know I'm just trying it out as if I were trying on a skirt or something, it's not going to be the same as when you really want to do it.

When I told someone I don't feel anything special from touching my genitals, that person said I probably wasn't "doing it right". Does that even make sense? Is there a "right" way to do it? /rhetorical

Anyway, I never bothered to worry about it.

When I told someone I don't feel anything special from touching my genitals, that person said I probably wasn't "doing it right". Does that even make sense? Is there a "right" way to do it? /rhetorical

Yes, yes there is. Very thoroughly. Here's a food analogy, since those always seem to help...

I always disliked the concept of mushrooms, and found little or nothing to like in the taste for the longest time. I had them in a few dishes every once in a while, and they weren't actively repulsive, but they were hardly enjoyable. However, about a year ago, I ate at this very nice restaurant and ordered a Portobello Chicken without knowing what it was, and I found the taste of the portobello to be delicious! I still wouldn't necessarily eat it on its own, but it accented the other tastes gorgeously and I've since had it in several other dishes and all were varying degrees of success. I can say quite solidly that I enjoy portobello mushrooms! I still have no interest in most other mushrooms, and would pass on the "white button mushrooms" you find in most meals, but portobello is enjoyable to me.

Similarly, only certain touches feel nice, and these touches change dramatically from person to person. A lot depends on mood, sensitivity, arousal, and other factors... but a lot more is like with the mushrooms - some people just don't like certain things in certain ways. For some guys, the "traditional wank-grip" just doesn't work at all. It chaffs, it isn't enough pressure, it isn't stimulating the right areas, it's boring, it hurts, it feels no more sensual than rubbing your arm. For some like that, it won't work no matter what they try, but for some there will be other techniques and grips that produce surprising results. It can be hard to find your portobello deliberately, and some people won't like any mushroom. But once in a while it'll just happen and things will click.

• 4 weeks later...

Obviously it varies, but personally though:

masturbation: yes quite regularly

sex: no way- yuck- I'm repulsed by it.

kissing: only on the cheek please, although I'd do proper kissing to please a partner but wouldn't enjoy it.

cuddling: yes, that's nice

touching other person's genitals: no, yuck.

touching other parts of body but not genitals: yes fine, nice in fact.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sexual... or gray... but I often masturbate in a way that has nothing to do with sexual partners. In fact, thinking of other people "kills" it sometimes. However, I either don't orgasm or my orgasms are SOOOO much less intense than they're supposed to be.

I started masturbating when I was very young--definitely before kindergarten. I'm physically female, so it'd just be grinding on sheets and such to stimulate the clitorus. I have little to no interest in penetration, but there are a lot of ways to touch myself (and not always my genitals!) that contribute to masturbatory pleasure.

It's funny--I've had most of the feelings like ickiness or visualizing blackness or whatever that are described here, but occasionally I can have a good experience masturbating to a sexual fantasy. Very occasionally.

SecretSaucer

I never have and, while I'm sure it's great and everything, I see no compelling reason to start.

• 2 weeks later...

I do. Every day. But i really don't want to have sex with any persons. I have never wanted it, like my classmates. And I will look on my girlfrined like person, not like piece of meat who i fuck.

Some do many don't..no strict rules on this but it seems not a sexual need but more of a release need or a feeling of personal happyness....I wouldn't know personally

• 1 month later...

I like physical contact, holding, kissing, cuddling - all that stuff.

-Though I don't like it when people kiss me with the strength of an industrial hoover!

I generally prefer to be clothed around partners.

-I don't generally masturbate, 'cos I don't fantasize about anything sexually.

I've done it in the past -but when I did I I always felt that it was purely mechanical.

I don't generally really feel the need for a physical release, -although sometimes my body does it for me when I'm asleep, and I wake up sticky.

-When that happens I have don't have sexual dreams. I just have surreal ones, like having aliens try to control my mind with a wierd ring that lets out a brain scrambling signal.

That's the kind of dream that accompanies my nocturnal orgasms. -They're nothing to do with sex.

-Curiously I can experience orgasms by dancing, -but I have to dance really energetically to do that. I've done that a few times in nightclubs when I've been drunk. -It must look bizarre 'cos I end up pouring with sweat and looking like a raver.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of romance in fantasies, masterbate, it's a great pleasure. But, doing all that in reality just sucks, I am repulsed by even that thought.

I don't see the point in doing it. Besides, I have lots of other stuff to do, like reading, playing videogames or draw. I'm also a little grossed out about masturbation

I don't see the point in doing it. Besides, I have lots of other stuff to do, like reading, playing videogames or draw.

I wish I could stop masturbating and just do any of those three things but unfortunately, any of those three can make the urge to do it worse lol

• 2 years later...
SHIMMERING_COPPER

what if there is not a need to do it, i mean i don't NEED a release i just do it cause it feels good near the end, lol

Archived