do asexuals masterbate?

frustr8ed

It helps unclench my lower back, oddly, so yes. I seem to tense up down there and haven't yet figured out how to relax that all too easily, so.

I thought everybody masturbated. There is a saying: The two original liars of the world are those who say they have never masturbated, and those who claim that they have quit! Don't get me wrong: I am not calling anybody a liar here, but I am perplexed why anybody would not at least try to discover/enjoy their body parts!

I think many people fantasize while masturbating. I never, never, never fancy having intercourse. That is why I know that "doing it" is not my orientation.

It just doesn't occur to some people to do that stuff... that's all. I mean, for some people, it's like, why bother? No interest in stuff down there & etc.

Do people with blue/brown/green/hazel eyes masturbate??????

Tan

*It is rumoured that a BBC children's programme was cancelled because there was a character called Master Bates*

Tan

*It is rumoured that a BBC children's programme was cancelled because there was a character called Master Bates*

It's true, the answer is pretty simple - "yes." But it's one of the seminal questions that a lot of non-a visitors are likely to wonder about. If you're only hearing about asexuality for the first time, the answer isn't as obvious as it might be to us, and it would be easy to jump to the opposite conclusion. So, point is... carry on., business as usual. =P

As with everything else in life, some people do and some people don't.

Some take drugs, some don't.

Some have sex (whether for the first time or not) at age 12/15/18/whatever, some don't.

Some like Shakespeare, some don't.

Yada yada.

Think I made my point if others hadn't made that point before.

Also, some asexuals (like me for example) masturbate just to get rid of some kind of pressure.

Not all of us feel it, but I find that I don't have much self control when I feel the need to have sex or whatever it is part of my brain hopes to achieve by creating this pressure.

By masturbating it goes away. Thus I regain control over my thoughts and such.

Though I'm not a compulsive one.

It's not like I need to do so every 5 minutes or something.

For me there's no set cycle, sometimes I go a week without it, sometimes a day.

But the whole point is that it varies from case to case.

Tan

You're talking about Captain Pugwash, and the character's name was actually Master Mate. There were also rumours of characters called Scrubber Willy, and Seaman Staines. They didn't exist, although there was a character called Wanka that worked for Cut-throat Jake.

Yes, I'm sad.

On topic, do I masturbate? On occasion. But statistically, I think it's a lot less than the average male, and I always dislike myself afterwards. I don't know why, but it's a subconscious thing where I really feel disgusted and put off by the end.

I think 99.9% of sexual people do, and maybe half of the asexual people do... and the other half does not... or something like that. Maybe asexual people need less physical stimuli? Everyone seems to assume everyone masturbates, like everyone assumes everyone is sleeping around & etc. Or everyone assumes everyone cheats on their wife (yeah, they do make assumptions, don't they... !)

I think 99.9% of sexual people do, and maybe half of the asexual people do... and the other half does not... or something like that. Maybe asexual people need less physical stimuli? Everyone seems to assume everyone masturbates, like everyone assumes everyone is sleeping around & etc. Or everyone assumes everyone cheats on their wife (yeah, they do make assumptions, don't they... !)

Hey, sometimes it's the wife that cheats on the husband, or in my case, fiancée that cheats on the fiancé ;) But I get your point. Unless they did a Kinsey style survey, we'll never know for sure.

I've never felt any urge to. In highschool, someone asked me if I ever had, and I told them it never occurred to me that I COULD. And...while that's kind of funny, I still haven't felt any need in the six years since.

I tried a fair bit, before I decided I was asexual. Even did some research on how to do it and all, because I was trying to prove to myself that it was pleasurable/that I was capable of feeling sexual pleasure. But I finally admitted failure at it while back. Just does nothing for me at all.

I hope that wasn't too explicit.

I'm not sure if I am asexual, although I can relate to what many of the asexuals members feel about sex. I just don't like sexual intercourse, it's not pleasureable. But I do like oral sex; giving and receiving.

Anyway, I like to masterbate because it feels good and it relieves stress. Also, it's a good solution to when I cannot get to sleep. Once I climax I fall to sleep like a baby. :P :D

One of the biggest mistakes sexuals make, IMO, is assuming that if you masturbate and can achieve orgasm you must be sexual. It is possible to masturbate without any fantasizing or mental arousal. With enough direct stimulation, orgasm just happens as a kind of reflex. Masturbation can also serve the purpose of relieving a general (not specifically sexual) tension and facilitating sleep. Even if fantasies do accompany the masturbation, they may cause only weak arousal, and the use of fantasy does not imply that a similar arousal would occur in a real-life situation.

E.

• 2 weeks later...
I thought everybody masturbated. There is a saying: The two original liars of the world are those who say they have never masturbated, and those who claim that they have quit! Don't get me wrong: I am not calling anybody a liar here, but I am perplexed why anybody would not at least try to discover/enjoy their body parts!

Should I try?

I did not find any good reasons to answer "yes" to the question.

Okay, there weren't reasons for "no" either, but somehow I'm proud of being able to say "I never have!", and it's no lie!

I am not calling anybody a liar here, but I am perplexed why anybody would not at least try to discover/enjoy their body parts!

Because... it isn't enjoyable? It's actually kinda gross and feels really weird and pointless.

Guest disjointed

Tan

that would be captian pugwash, seaman stains was in it too

whenI was a teenager I did try whats this bit for but since the age of about 13 I never have and continue to not have a need to play with my pee parts

I really love the feeling. I understand the poster who said it is better than alcohol or drugs. Not in every situation, but in the long run. I think it is a really healthy way to get a buzz.

I am not calling anybody a liar here, but I am perplexed why anybody would not at least try to discover/enjoy their body parts!

Because... it isn't enjoyable? It's actually kinda gross and feels really weird and pointless.

If you know it isn't enjoyable and it feels weird you must have tried it at least once.

I tried masterbating once or twice, but it just felt...wrong, so I stopped. I know that some asexuals DO masterbate, but it's often just physcial and not really a fantasy of sex. Does that make sense?

If you know it isn't enjoyable and it feels weird you must have tried it at least once.

there are people who know that it wouldn't be enjoyable for them to have sex with the same gender. That doesn't mean that they've tried it.

there are people who know that it wouldn't be enjoyable for them to have sex with the same gender. That doesn't mean that they've tried it.

They know it wouldn't appeal to them and they would most likely not enjoy it. However, they cannot know exactly how it feels.

lol, I'm going to sound pretty dumb when I admit this, but I never knew girls could masturbate, or get a feeling for physical release (I'm a girl), I guess because I've only seen the masturbation joke with guys...when I try to think about it, I feel like my mind gets a system error (does not compute). I want to ask how they do it, but I probably shouldn't because that's an awkward question to answer...I think I might have read about it once in a Stephen King book anyways...lol, I must sound really weird.

Guest disjointed

From my limited experience, especially being a man I believe that it involves finding your g spot first then rubbing/massaging it in a comfortable way until you become excitable enough to orgasm

One of the benefits of being male is that we are universally accredited with never finding the ladies g spot or able to give her an orgasm so I have no doubt better and fuller information will be told to you by ladies with knowledge

yes you should ask and no you shouldn't feel awkward being open about sex wether your sexual or Asexual it's only through talking and asking that you will comfortable with who you are.

Many don't and many do within the Asexual group, so weird? nope just inquisitive

lol, I'm going to sound pretty dumb when I admit this, but I never knew girls could masturbate, or get a feeling for physical release (I'm a girl), I guess because I've only seen the masturbation joke with guys...when I try to think about it, I feel like my mind gets a system error (does not compute). I want to ask how they do it, but I probably shouldn't because that's an awkward question to answer...I think I might have read about it once in a Stephen King book anyways...lol, I must sound really weird.

if you're too afraid to ask you could always research it online on your own...just be careful what links you click on.

and the g-spot is not the only place..in fact many women can't find their g-spot

They know it wouldn't appeal to them and they would most likely not enjoy it. However, they cannot know exactly how it feels.

1. Yes I've tried it, moving on...

2. Soemthing can feel wrong without actually doing it. You can choose not ot do something because it feels wrong when you think about it. Sex feels insanely wrong to me, and as such I will never do it and have never done it.

if you're too afraid to ask you could always research it online on your own...just be careful what links you click on.

oh, haha, I meant that it may be awkward for others to answer me. I thought about google, but I know what you mean about clicking those links when you type in something like that. Meh, it doesn't really bother me whether I know or not, I can just leave it up to my imagination XD

For me it's just a physical release. I like girls, and I'll think about them while masturbating , but I never think about having sex with them. I simply like the shape of a woman, and that's all it is too it.

Archived