If I had to live forever, I'd dedicate my time to making a database of all knowledge, maybe make a physical library there too. Just keep at it forever. 

It would give me something to do. 

Honestly I kind of want to do that anyway.

But there's wikipedia. 

I would only allow people who have a degree and a career in the field to update the page that is relevant to their knowledge. 

And I would make a data base of studies and what not as well. It'd be subscription based, and you can see so many articles in one month on the basic subscription, to prevent abuse. 

And I would establish a foundation for studying things.

Alternatively, I would just make games for all of eternity. 

21 hours ago, thylacine said:

This can't be "all there is," can it?  I mean, there has to be something more out there...

Just because you want there to be more is not a good reason to act as if there is more. So enjoy it now and worry about the afterlife, which I highly doubt exists, when its time to worry about an afterlife (which is not while your living). 

On 7/29/2022 at 11:38 PM, Burgundy Ashe said:

On 7/30/2022 at 3:29 PM, Burgundy Ashe said:

9 hours ago, FSENonServiam said:

Just because you want there to be more is not a good reason to act as if there is more. So enjoy it now and worry about the afterlife, which I highly doubt exists, when its time to worry about an afterlife (which is not while your living). 

Naw...I believe in an afterlife.  I've had "weird experiences" having to do with the spiritual world.  Most people won't believe me, so... never mind.  I know that something is out there.

• Like 1
Sarah-Sylvia

Life is eternal

There is no death. Only frogs jumping up and down

• Like 1
Mackenzie Holiday

I don’t believe there is an afterlife, and I personally take comfort in the belief that I won’t have to live with myself or anything else forever. I can risk making mistakes because it won’t be long before everything I’ve ever done is forgotten anyway.

• Like 2
Guest Invisible Pumpkin
On 7/14/2022 at 4:57 PM, Elizabeth Bennet said:

I feel like I've lived many lives and my soul is old and tired, but at the same time I believe here and now is all that matters.

So yeah, no effing clue.

Me too. I believe in this.

I don't see it as extremely important because I know I could be wrong, also because it doesn't matter much anyway.

Are we even alive? what does alive mean? Does here even exist? does time exist? what if it's all some cosmic joke? Do other people exist? If we go by my own experience, then I am the only one to exist. Everyone and everything else is just imagination. I am imagination too. Do I even exist? "I think therefore I am" doesn't take into account that we don't know what "am not" would be in this situation. Do I stop existing becasue I'm asleep? Unconscious? blackout drunk? It's just an incorrect ascertation to say that thinking is equivilent to being. What is being? I've been told that being is consciousness, but who are we to label that as being? If consciousness is being, then the best way to be is to stimulate myself as much as possible to maximize this, and that just seems absurd. 

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
On 8/3/2022 at 11:30 AM, Burgundy Ashe said:

Are we even alive? what does alive mean? Does here even exist? does time exist? what if it's all some cosmic joke? Do other people exist? If we go by my own experience, then I am the only one to exist. Everyone and everything else is just imagination. I am imagination too. Do I even exist? "I think therefore I am" doesn't take into account that we don't know what "am not" would be in this situation. Do I stop existing becasue I'm asleep? Unconscious? blackout drunk? It's just an incorrect ascertation to say that thinking is equivilent to being. What is being? I've been told that being is consciousness, but who are we to label that as being? If consciousness is being, then the best way to be is to stimulate myself as much as possible to maximize this, and that just seems absurd. 

If I exist only in your imagination, does that means you created me? 😮 

If you created me, why did you do it? Do I have to be mad at you for creating me in your imagination that I can also experience? Does this mean you'll give me cake eventually? (only chocolate, thanks).  :P 

12 hours ago, ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED said:

If I exist only in your imagination, does that means you created me? 😮 

If you created me, why did you do it? Do I have to be mad at you for creating me in your imagination that I can also experience? Does this mean you'll give me cake eventually? (only chocolate, thanks).  :P 

What if imagination isn't created, but instead creates? Does that mean imagination is god?

If I created you, it's probably because I'm curious and need some contrast to my boring head. Wait, but if I created you, you're in my head, so my head isn't boring? weird.

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
24 minutes ago, Burgundy Ashe said:

What if imagination isn't created, but instead creates? Does that mean imagination is god?

If I created you, it's probably because I'm curious and need some contrast to my boring head. Wait, but if I created you, you're in my head, so my head isn't boring? weird.

What if you think I'm boring? 😮 

If god is imagination, is got boring because we are? I mean, you, I'm not boring :rolleyes:🤣

Does this mean you are god? If so, apart from cake I want sushi!! :P  God? God, answer to me, please. My petitions are ready!! 🤪

4 hours ago, ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED said:

Does this mean you are god?

If imagination comes from god, why would god be imagination? Shouldn't god have something beyond what we mere humans can experience? How can imagination create imagination? Are we experiencing the imagination of god, completely without any true control over our experiences, only the illusion of choice? Or does god experience our experiences as if they are us, and so technically we are making the choices and god is just providing the medium for our lives to be experienced, and the awareness to experience it? Then are we borrowing god's vessel or something? Or what if it's like the ship of Theseus, where we are using the parts that composed of god's vessel, but our "soul" fragment of god's awareness is drving the vehicle, and we just think it's us? Wait, did I just imply that god is literally imagination? hmmmmmm

What if god is magic, and imagination is magic, and our souls are magic, and our conscious experience is magic, and physics is magic, and electricity and magnetism and gravity is magic? Magic is what fabricated our conscious experience, clearly. 

Guest Invisible Pumpkin
9 minutes ago, Burgundy Ashe said:

If imagination comes from god, why would god be imagination? Shouldn't god have something beyond what we mere humans can experience? How can imagination create imagination? Are we experiencing the imagination of god, completely without any true control over our experiences, only the illusion of choice? Or does god experience our experiences as if they are us, and so technically we are making the choices and god is just providing the medium for our lives to be experienced, and the awareness to experience it? Then are we borrowing god's vessel or something? Or what if it's like the ship of Theseus, where we are using the parts that composed of god's vessel, but our "soul" fragment of god's awareness is drving the vehicle, and we just think it's us? Wait, did I just imply that god is literally imagination? hmmmmmm

What if god is magic, and imagination is magic, and our souls are magic, and our conscious experience is magic, and physics is magic, and electricity and magnetism and gravity is magic? Magic is what fabricated our conscious experience, clearly. 

8 minutes ago, Burgundy Ashe said:

Maybe if I imagine myself flying, then I will be flying. 

Yes, no and no (Ok, no, I'm wrong, fine :P ). That vessel thing sounds so kabalistic 😥, I'm scared now of this magic 😳:P

But don't try to fly, unless you have a flight ticket. 

As a Christian I do believe in Heaven and Hell. But I believe, truly, that it is much harder to be sent to Hell; God's forgiveness and benevolence is limitless, so for him to judge your soul as deserving eternal torture would require a lot of seriously ill deeds. Further to this Jesus died for our sins; indeed, baptism and receiving the blessing of Jesus is necessary as a 'ticket to Heaven' if you like (I am yet to be baptised as I am still reading/studying the Bible), as this cleanses you both of original sin and any prior or future sins you have/will commit(ted). Those not baptised will be in purgatory, which is a place that is as good or as bad as your soul deserves, I believe, but still considered a form of Hell (perhaps you will be psychologically tortured there to a degree proportional to your sins in life).

Remember that no one other than God can truly judge a person, so even those sent to prison for, for example, mass murder may not necessarily be going to Hell even though any living person would say they'd deserve it.

This is a question of faith and as such I will give you an answer based on my faith. I am also, however, a mathematician and scientist, and if I were to answer as a mathematician or logician, I would have to say that the answer to such a question is impossible to answer with logic; naturally I would be an agnostic if I allowed logic to dictate everything in my life, which I do not.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think there is life after death, but if I'm wrong, which I accept as a possibility, I'm quite sure I'm not going to the good place. Probably best overall, since I think I'd fit in better in the bad place.

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/29/2022 at 11:38 PM, hois said:

ok but, what is the proof that life exists at all? You can only experience your various sensations - we see a consistent world and assume that means a consistent world exists - but what if literally only you exist and this is just a dream or simulation, or maybe you are a boltzman brain and a split second from realizing you're dying? These may seem silly, but the point is - there isn't any way to prove that these things aren't the case. So - the question that arises from this is - why is it so "correct" to expect there to be proof of what is beyond this life?

further more, what existed before the big bang, or maybe it's more accurate to say, the inflation event, idk. like, was there something before this? if so, why can't we see it - is it undetectable? and if there wasn't something before this - well then you get a but load of matter and energy out of literally nothing. Which our physics says isn't really possible to do! 

And additionally, wtf is dark matter and dark energy? Why can't we measure it? what if we as a species go through our entire existence without being able to answer this question? Doesn't that imply there could be more?

IDK I don't believe in supernatural stuff. But, it is not because there is a lack of proof - because many people think they experience some kind of super-natural thing. Literally read a story - and there is a chance it was made up but like... anyway the person practiced a kind of magick where they thought something to their GF in a different content a specific thought - and without prompt, she said when she came back, "you know I wore I heard you say >insert the quote<" and the guy was like "yo I did that" and it was a huge spiritual experience for them. 

Like, wtf is that? I cannot believe that really happened. 

also, there are people who believed they are reincarnated - are they just crazy, or does this ssuggest (but not prove) that reincarnation is possible? Does it really make sense to say that it is purely a coincidental occurance? I wonder what the probability of this is - maybe it is something unintuitively probable, like how we wouldn't expect two people in a group of thirty to share a birthday - since there are 365 different days of the year - but it's actually 70%!

also - it isn't what happened to everyone - but people report experiencing some kind of supernatural experience - such as moving towards the light or seeing the hospital from above - when in a near death situation - when it doesn't really make sense that our brain would do this in such situations. 

And I recently heard about someone who in one night dreamed an entire life time with unique family members - and woke up being like.... shit wtf all that didn't really happen wtf?

These things.... aren't really stuff we can prove with our science. And disproving it might not be all that easy to do either.

We know VERY little about what actually causes consiousness - many people have some kind of religious or spiritual belief about what consciousness is and what the source of it is - there isn't really a way to fully disprove or prove their beliefs at all. 

Great reply.   Swimming in it. 

This world is so effed up, there must be something truly better after this.  That's all.