Ability to Unpin or Hide Pinned or “Popular” Posts?

TruBluMOM

Is there a way to unpin a post or hide pinned or “popular” posts from the top of a given forum’s page?

Hi!

Thanks, for your question. Yes; Admods can pin, unpin and remove posts. Members can contact Admods, if they have an idea on which ones might be removed, pinned, unpinned, merged, etc. and it might be considered. Generally, though, Admods keep certain threads pinned because they have important information for members; to make popular/most requested threads found more easily, etc.

:) ...or are you asking if a member has the ability to do that, themselves, to control the content they see?

TruBluMOM

Yes, my question was more to whether I could customize this for myself.  For example, within the Asexual Relationships forum, there is a pinned post about Dating Sites that takes up ‘prime real estate’ on my small phone screen, and which offers no value to me.  That said, I understand it may be highly valuable to others.  I use this as example only.  I am not asking to have that post unpinned from the forum, but if I were to be able to customize my own view so as to be able to hide it, that would be preferable for me.

Janus the Fox

There isn’t a way for members to customise their own forum viewing experiences all that much.

If you'd like, you could click on "unread content" (in gray, near the top of the forum page, underneath AVEN's search box), where you can choose to only see recent, unread posts; status updates, etc. That option doesn't show any pinned threads.

TruBluMOM

Thank you.