Phobias  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have any phobias?

• Yes
    • No
    • Multiple
  2. 2. Check of all of the following phobias that you have

• Trypophobia (fear of holes)
    • Agoraphobia (fear of being alone in situations that could cause panic)
    • Arachnophobia (fear of spiders)
    • Ophidiophobia (fear of snakes)
    • Acrophobia (fear of heights)
    • Aerophobia (fear of airplanes)
    • Cynophobia (fear of dogs)
    • Astraphobia (fear of thunder and lightning)
    • Trypanophobia (fear of injections)
    • Mysophobia (fear of germs and dirt)
    • Hemophobia (fear of blood)
    • Amaxophobia (fear of driving)
    • Glossophobia (fear of public speaking)
    • I don't have a phobia
    • I have a phobia(s) but it isn't listed
  3. 3. Do you have any relatives with phobias

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
  4. 4. Do you have any friends with phobias

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure

This poll is closed to new votes

I had pigeons as pets when I was a teen (I wanted a cat, but my dad wouldn't let me have one - he was okay with pigeons since they would be outside, and he had a friend whose brother was into pigeons). One of the ones I had in particular was a real character and quite friendly. But that pigeon got sick and died and my heart wasn't in it anymore.

18 minutes ago, daveb said:

I had pigeons as pets when I was a teen (I wanted a cat, but my dad wouldn't let me have one - he was okay with pigeons since they would be outside, and he had a friend whose brother was into pigeons). One of the ones I had in particular was a real character and quite friendly. But that pigeon got sick and died and my heart wasn't in it anymore.

Sorry about the loss of your little buddy…

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

How could you forget anatidaephobia, the fear that somewhere, a goose or duck is always watching you...

• 3 weeks later...
Synchronicity

I have trypophobia (fear of holes), thalassophobia (fear of deep water – mainly massive pools, because of undertow) and jumbophobia (fear of large machinery and anything that's too big).  I thought I had social-phobia as well but my psychiatrist tells me it's actually social-anxiety.

• 4 months later...

Needles (so injections but mostly simply needles. Or anything that looks like a needle. So I can get a tattoo, because as long as I don't watch closely it doesn't seems like a needle so I'm fine, but I find it hard to simply look at needles, even if I know they're not going to be used on me) and pediophobia, which is not listed: fear of dolls. Especially (for me at least) porcelaine dolls, and dolls houses.

OK, I guess I really should do something about my phobia of falling from a height. It's really problematic when a short (low?) indoor ladder is a challenge...

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Piotrek said:

OK, I guess I really should do something about my phobia of falling from a height. It's really problematic when a short (low?) indoor ladder is a challenge...

I feel this so much.

I wish I could get some help for my acrophobia. It does get in the way of things.

• Like 2

I have two fears. One is not knowing what's under the water I'm swimming in, but that's a little easier to deal with. My other fear is people not answering their phone for a day or more without me knowing why, and the fear part of this is I fear they may have died. I think this is a PTSD response, because it's happened before. My dad didn't answer his phone at a time he normally would, then I found out a few days later that he died. 

When I was a child I used to have fear of spiders and heights but now I'm only scared of public speaking

I have a phobia of moths. I have a fear of driving, but I'm not sure if it would be classified as a phobia or if it's a result of OCD. My mom has emetophobia, and a lot of my family has things that seem similar to phobias because of OCD.

• Like 1
Lysandre, the Star-Crossed

Insects, confined spaces, heights, and asphyxiation.

• 6 months later...

@TheSmolFoxWeeb

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator