Announcing the UK asexuality conference, 10-11 September 2022

Hi all!

We are excited to announce the UK asexuality conference will be held virtually on 10-11 September 2022!

The conference will feature panels on youtube, and informal discussions on discord. Audience participation is welcome, but only what you're comfortable with. You can just watch the panels if you like, but if you're comfortable you can leave comments and ask questions of the panellists, and even participate in the discussions on our discord server.

While some parts of the conference may have a UK focus, many sessions will be general interest. The conference is open to everyone from all countries!

Please register for the conference by going here:

https://forms.gle/hJ5XkCNZNzrvXbyQ7

To see the panels from previous years, have a look at our youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/c/AVENlivestreams

We are also still looking for people to help with planning and technical side, with the accessibility and of course panellists and discussion leads! If you're interested please say so on the form, or write to ukacecon2022@gmail.com. If you have any questions for the accessibility committee, drop a line to acecon.accessibility@gmail.com.

The UK acecon is organised by AVEN UK, the UK visibility arm of AVEN, led by the AVEN Project Team. There will be a fundraiser nearer the date to cover the costs, especially providing live manual transcriptions. Keep a watch out for this!

We hope to see you all in September!

The UK Acecon committee

(Note: this supercedes the previous message about the conference here. At that point we hadn't finalised the date, but now we have!)

• Like 10
  • 2 months later...

Yep and here they are in full!

AceConSat.jpg

AceConSunday.jpg

Thanks to Kuhu for making the images! Note that the italicised sessions are discussions on discord. The rest are on youtube. For the most part, we have one panel on youtube simultaneously with one discord discussion, the one exception being the first (main) session on Sat where both Black British Aces and Ace 101 are on youtube.

Timetable also here along with panelist bios and session descriptions:

https://www.ukacecon.org/program/

Thanks to @Slice of Ace for putting the website together (which turned out to be a major undertaking!) and Kuhu for putting together the session descriptions.

• Like 1

Nice, a schedule with times for those in the U.K. and panelist/host bios!

Thanks, @Slice of Ace, for the website design! I liked how easy it was to navigate, with all of the info, there, in separate categories, not cluttered all on one page (as an example of how I've seen some websites).

• Like 2

Unfortunately we had some very serious tech issues with the Black British Aces panel but it's now live here:

Please do go watch!

Hi, everyone! :) I just thought I'd help encourage anyone who, perhaps, might be feeling unsure, scared, etc. (like I was) of attending and participating in the U.K. Ace Con (and other ace cons), in the future, to give it a go.

38 minutes ago, LeChat said:

Hi, everyone! :) I just thought I'd help encourage anyone who, perhaps, might be feeling unsure, scared, etc. (like I was) of attending and participating in the U.K. Ace Con (and other ace cons), in the future, to give it a go.

Also don't forget there's still another day left! We start again tomorrow at 1230 BST (07:30am Eastern time). First up we have Aces over 40 on youtube and (at the same time) Non-Romantic Relationships & QPRs on discord. :)

We're now well into Day 2 of the Ace Con! At the moment, we're streaming the panel on British Aces of Asian Heritage!

• Like 2

That was fun. :) Thanks, to everyone who helped work on the conference, everyone who attended, etc.

Events like this can be important for those in the ace community to, perhaps, help them feel not alone, to help them find/meet others who understand and relate to their experiences, etc.

:) So, I hope this might, perhaps, help convince others to join future conferences.

• Like 1