Quick Survey: How many here are autistic?

• 2 weeks later...

I've thought I have Asperger's for some time, but getting a diagnosis here as an adult seems to be near impossible, so I don't know if I'll ever know for sure.

I'm not autistic but my daughter has asperger's. She's 10. I was wondering what her future might hold..

Hi there, JenW...

Just so you know, there are quite a lot of people with Asperger's who are sexual, though they (well, we) have a lot of different ways of dealing with it. There are also people with Asperger's who are asexual, but they have a lot of different ways of dealing with that, too. If your daughter grows up to experience sexual or romantic attraction to people, then she may need some help understanding the unwritten rules of dating. But plenty of people with Asperger's, sexual or not, end up with interesting, meaningful relationships.

If you want a general resource and contact with other people who know about Asperger's, might I suggest www.wrongplanet.net? There is a section of the forums there specifically for parents with questions like yours.

Good luck with your daughter, anyway.