Research Survey on Self-Identification and the Asexual Experience

We have a research request from @al676. The study is for aces (across the spectrum) only, ages 18+. 

Hi All,

I'm currently studying for a Masters in Gender and Sexuality. My research for my Masters dissertation is aiming to reveal the breadth of the asexual community, self-identification processes, and help to dispel some common misconceptions around the asexual experience and community.

In my research, I have noticed that much of the foundational asexual research is undertaken by non-asexuals, and often reflects their biases. As an asexual myself, I intend to prioritise the voices and experiences of asexuals.

Due to the nature of my research, please only participate if you identify as asexual. The survey is on Qualtrics which is the University of Sussex approved anonymous survey software.

If you would be kind enough to participate in my survey, the link is: https://universityofsussex.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1Xq4l4tz42E9zxA

Any and all feedback would be appreciated. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at al676@sussex.ac.uk.

This study was approved by the Project Team.

On behalf of PT,

kelico

• Like 3
TheSmolFoxWeeb

I wish I could take the survey! I hope that @al676 gets plenty of responses :3

• Like 2
ExquisiteMystery

I actually enjoyed the thoughtfulness of the wording in this survey. Other than gender, maybe, it didn't try and bias your answers at all. Lots of "add explanation" areas.

• Like 1
Anomaly Q3Xr

@al676It won't load for me, just get a white screen with a swirly circle.

Anomaly Q3Xr

Hi @LeChat, I've tried with Opera (my usual) and now with Chrome, same result with both. I'll try with my other PC tomorrow see if I have any more luck on there. Thanks.

Completed. Plenty of scope for full explanations though struggled with the colour contrast.

@kelico I have a question.

How important is your asexual identity to your sense of self?

I don't understand what this question is asking. Could you please clarify what this means?

This is brilliant! So much better when the survey is created by someone who actually understands asexuality!

7 hours ago, Nahru said:

@kelico I have a question.

How important is your asexual identity to your sense of self?

I don't understand what this question is asking. Could you please clarify what this means?

Just to clarify - the survey wasn't created by kelico, who is a member of our project team and is only passing the survey along. The person running the survey is @al676, so maybe they can answer your question, assuming they will check this thread. Otherwise, you might try contacting them from whatever contact info they provided with the survey. :) 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, daveb said:

Just to clarify - the survey wasn't created by kelico, who is a member of our project team and is only passing the survey along. The person running the survey is @al676, so maybe they can answer your question, assuming they will check this thread. Otherwise, you might try contacting them from whatever contact info they provided with the survey. :) 

Thank you for clarifying for @Nahru, daveb! : ) Yup, Nahru, I did not create the survey. So you'll have to ask @al676.

• Like 1

This study has been completed. No more participants are required. Thank you!

Locking thread.