Does anyone else  feel like they almost lose emotions why they fluctuate to full aro, this type of thing keeps happening to me-

I was talking to my boyfriend and i was very romantically inclined and super happy laughing at everything and feeling pure joys from their presence and then all the sudden i just kinda sat there and was like were did that feeling go?- and i also kinda forgot how to add tone to my voice (which is something i stuggle with already it just seems way more prominent when im super aro)

does anyone else struggle with things like this??

Deltalorian

I'm questioning if I'm aroflux. Sometime a few weeks ago, I got a very strong crush and for the past few days, it's just disappeared. Yeah, I feel pretty bad about it. It feels like somehow it's my fault and that I've just lost the ability to feel all positive emotion. I don't know if I'm aroflux yet, it just feels horrible for this to have happened. In a way, it feels like I've burned out.

• Like 1
Monke Jimmy

I think that maybe this might be a separate issue. 

I don't consider myself aroflux, mostly because I think I see a pattern to my emotions. I have crushes that last for months, and then there's just nothing for a while. A couple days ago I realized that I don't think I've been lonely or thought about dating for a while, and I haven't liked anyone this year and probably won't. 

I think that part of not thinking about it is that I've stopped mistaking loneliness for romantic feelings. I feel like I have a place with my friends and family, and I still feel all sorts of things, from happiness and to embarassment to anger to sadness. 

I think that a lot of the time when we're stressed (school is an easy example but sometimes it's harder to recognize) we don't really have time to process our feelings, and that can make it seem like we're not feeling anything at all. I've seen it happen with myself and other people I know. Although normally this coincides with me having romantic feelings so it could be totally different. Still, not knowing what you're feeling is different from not feeling at all. 

Do not diagnose yourself with Alexithymia without consulting with a professional, and recognize that this site is not a reliable source for medical information, but it could be something to look at. 

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 2:31 PM, Monke Ilahi said:

I think that maybe this might be a separate issue. 

I don't consider myself aroflux, mostly because I think I see a pattern to my emotions. I have crushes that last for months, and then there's just nothing for a while. A couple days ago I realized that I don't think I've been lonely or thought about dating for a while, and I haven't liked anyone this year and probably won't. 

I think that part of not thinking about it is that I've stopped mistaking loneliness for romantic feelings. I feel like I have a place with my friends and family, and I still feel all sorts of things, from happiness and to embarassment to anger to sadness. 

I think that a lot of the time when we're stressed (school is an easy example but sometimes it's harder to recognize) we don't really have time to process our feelings, and that can make it seem like we're not feeling anything at all. I've seen it happen with myself and other people I know. Although normally this coincides with me having romantic feelings so it could be totally different. Still, not knowing what you're feeling is different from not feeling at all. 

Do not diagnose yourself with Alexithymia without consulting with a professional, and recognize that this site is not a reliable source for medical information, but it could be something to look at. 

It could be a separate issue. But there of times were i have deep feelings for someone and later that day its gone and then I suddenly have feelings for them again the next day or something, it’s confusing