Why isn't "the cake is a lie" part of ace culture ?

Lord Revan

Sarah-Sylvia

Well, since cake is kinda replacing sex sorta, as saying it's better, if it's a lie then wouldn't it mean it's not better ?

Cake is awesome

• Like 2

If we love cake and then it's a lie, wouldn't we invalidate ourselves?

But we could use the saying when we feel bamboozled, for instance!

• Like 1
ElloryJaye

Negating any possibility of cake is contrary to our philosophy. 🤣

• Like 4

Although ... I suppose, at least GLaDOS would be an asexual character?

Assuming, as I unfortunately have not actually played the Portal games. But she's like an AI right? Would that count for asexual?

I have played Portal, and there is definitely sexual tension between her and Chell. Or is it just regular tension? I don’t really know how to tell the difference.

Also, I haven’t done this, but I have a very strong suspicion that if you head over to Wattpad or AO3 and searched for ‘GLaDOS’ you would find out that a lot of people do not think she is asexual.

Because "The cake is a lie" got so overused 15 years ago that everyone just collectively decided to memory hole the whole thing.

• Like 1
Deltalorian

I think that whenever someone insists that someone who's "hot" has cake (or is caked up, got serious buns or any variation thereupon) we respond with "the cake is a lie". I think it'd be funny.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, rebis said:

Although ... I suppose, at least GLaDOS would be an asexual character?

Assuming, as I unfortunately have not actually played the Portal games. But she's like an AI right? Would that count for asexual?

Hard to say, the lore kind of lost me. Weren't there theories and even hints in the game that they were family before Caroline was uploaded into the system? I mean, there is a human conscious in there and we don't really know that much about her? If GLaDOS was just a computer then I would feel weird saying that she is ace because... Can AIs really have a sexuality? I mean, her built body wouldn't even allow for such things? Am I not sci-fi enough to imagine it?