SilverBeeXO

So it’s rare for me to feel a sexual attraction to anyone I could get with. I seem to only feel sexual attraction to celebrities and/or famous people I will never have an actual chance with. I’ve only felt sexual attraction to someone I could have an actual chance with like maybe once or twice in my life. And to add to it I masturbate and read erotic stuff but wouldn’t want sex with anyone except celebs. Is that part of the asexual spectrum in a way? If so what would that be because I can’t find anything about it anywhere.

You're literally exactly like me, lol. I'm just calling myself gray-a at the moment.

SilenceRadio
12 hours ago, SilverBeeXO said:

Is that part of the asexual spectrum in a way? If so what would that be because I can’t find anything about it anywhere.

It can be if you want to. Attraction to celebrities and other unobtainable people is often not counted by some people, but that doesn't stop people from basing their orientation on it. Labels are tools: use the ones that feel useful to you. "Gray-asexual" is often an umbrella term for people under the ace umbrella who aren't asexual, perhaps you might want to look more into it?

Then again, if you're not interested in acting on your sexual attraction, "asexual" is a label that is open to you, regardless of previous attraction you might've felt.

EmeraldIce

The question is, do you actually desire a sexual relationship with said celebrities, or are you more attracted to what they represent? Because I think being sexually attracted to certain scenarios, certain fantasies, or certain relationship dynamics is not the same as being attracted to an actual person.

• Like 1
SilverBeeXO
2 hours ago, EmeraldIce said:

The question is, do you actually desire a sexual relationship with said celebrities, or are you more attracted to what they represent? Because I think being sexually attracted to certain scenarios, certain fantasies, or certain relationship dynamics is not the same as being attracted to an actual person.

i’m honestly not 100% sure. all i know is the only time i feel like i’d want to have sex with someone is when it’s someone i would have no earthly shot with. like the thought of sex with someone i could have a chance with no thanks but a celebrity or even fictional character i mean sure i’d try it