Quizzes and Their Helpfulness in Questioning

confusedone7

Hi, again. I have two questions. Have you found online quizzes helpful in your questioning? And, if so, which ones? 

I'm naturally suspicious of online quizzes, but find that some ask better questions than others when it comes to trying to figure out myself.

The quizzes I have taken agree that I am asexual though they are divided on my romantic attraction (heteroromantic, aromatic, demiromantic). I'm still very much in the early questioning stages. And I am a fan of asking questions and figuring out which questions are helpful.

Thank you for "listening."

Blue eyes white dragon

I took one a long time ago that said I was homophobic just because  I said I wouldn't have sex with a girl but want to kiss one. Another said I was asexual (which I am) so idk take them as just a fun thing ig

Edited by Blue eyes white dragon
Scuffed phone
Lysandre, the Star-Crossed

Depends on the quality of the quiz. If the questions are well written and the formula for determining a result is logically sound, then they can be a useful starting point. If it isn't well written or is scored in an unhelpful way, then there's not much point beyond entertainment. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/asexuality/comments/rcoauj/i_couldnt_find_any_good_ace_spectrum_quizzes_so_i/    This quiz is really helpful in finding where you fit on the asexual spectrum. It ask questions that I had that alot of other quizzes didn't have. I hope this helps 😁 

I wanted to add that the quiz isn't there to give you a definite answer but it can help you with the process of finding your identity. I find out I was ace through taking a quiz and it didn't help me with accepting it (some days are better than others) but it made think about myself and helped me learn about asexuality (which I had alot of misconception about).

Edited by KayAce
  • Like 1
Janus the Fox

I doubt none of these as really helpful, it’s more to do about using these as entertaining than taking these more seriously.

everywhere and nowhere
On 5/20/2022 at 2:34 AM, Blue eyes white dragon said:

I took one a long time ago that said I was homophobic just because  I said I wouldn't have sex with a girl but want to kiss one.

Absurd. Homophobia is hostility to gay people, not lack of openness for gay sex. Nobody should ever be shamed for not being open to some kind of sex (also, obviously, if it includes all kinds of sex).

• Like 1