Parents won't stop asking about my exs.

EmlovesSpace

To this day my parents still ask about my exs or other guys that I used to talk to. I was never normally comfortable talking about this kind of stuff because they would normally get invasive, act strange whenever I was involved with someone, also they have rather old fashioned values when it comes to romance/dating and they can be rather quite judgmental about other people's relationships/breakups.
Even when I was talking to this guy (now ex) and told my parents, they were pretty happy for me.
I want to disclaim, I understand no matter what age you are your parents will always be concerned.
But what annoyed me was the constant questions every single day! They would always ask "Have you heard from [name]?"
Or they ask every single detail about him, when they could simply ask the guy himself. I think it also annoys me because I
don't like to have to force conversations and I'm the type of person who keeps themselves to themselves.
Next time I start dating someone again and it's serious or next time they bring up my romantic past, how can I establish boundaries on what I feel comfortable
talking about my relationship or past relationships?

Lord Jade Cross

"This matter is not up for discussion" and say no more

The problem with parents who employ the gossipy tactics is that they will never shut up about it and will remind you over and over and over again even if years have passed

• Like 2