Hello everyone! ^^

Hi there!

I'm Meloxalis or Melo for short. I realized that I was asexual about seven years ago. For five years, I identified as aromantic.

But now, I'm not really sure. To be honest, I never went through all the romantic orientations. So I think now is the best time to check them out. I am also here for some advice on friend/love relationships.

I'm currently a college student. I like to draw, crochet, make music & games whenever I find the time. A new hobby I picked up is baking sweets/desserts. 

Nice to be here, can't wait to meet everybody else in the community! ^^

Hi there and welcome!!! :D 🍰 🧁 🍰

What kind of games do you like to play??? 🎮

• Like 2

Welcome! What a time to pick up baking as a hobby, with the amount of cake AVEN has and all :P 

sunflower+(1).jpg

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Lichley said:

Welcome! What a time to pick up baking as a hobby, with the amount of cake AVEN has and all :P 

sunflower+(1).jpg

Yeah I have a feeling @meloxalis is going to get A LOT of ideas for cakes from this site! :lol:

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Calliers said:

Hi there and welcome!!! :D 🍰 🧁 🍰

What kind of games do you like to play??? 🎮

Thanks for the welcome! 🥳

I like to play rhythm games like Osu and Rhythm Heaven. What games do you like playing? 👾

• Like 1
1 minute ago, meloxalis said:

I like to play rhythm games like Osu and Rhythm Heaven. What games do you like playing? 👾

Rhythm games are fun! Some rhythm games I like are Audiosurf and Audiosurf 2. I also want to try Beat Saber some day but I don't have a VR Headset so.... reason for that is I don't have all the space in the world in my room to jump around without hitting something.

I usually play FPS games and racing games mainly, but I also have been known to play and enjoy RPGs and strategy games as well as other games - mainly I stick to multiplayer games too because I can enjoy them with friends. :D

And you're welcome for the welcome! ^_^

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Lichley said:

sunflower+(1).jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes I know right, all the cakes here are inspiring me ngl 😵 🍰

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, meloxalis said:

Thanks for the warm welcome! Yes I know right, all the cakes here are inspiring me ngl 😵 🍰

Unfortunately for me I can only have cake rarely, and even then it has to be a very thin slice because I am diabetic... but when I do I make sure to savor it. 😇

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Calliers said:

Rhythm games are fun! Some rhythm games I like are Audiosurf and Audiosurf 2. I also want to try Beat Saber some day but I don't have a VR Headset so.... reason for that is I don't have all the space in the world in my room to jump around without hitting something.

I usually play FPS games and racing games mainly, but I also have been known to play and enjoy RPGs and strategy games as well as other games - mainly I stick to multiplayer games too because I can enjoy them with friends. :D

And you're welcome for the welcome! ^_^

Oh cool! I heard good things about Audiosurf. Haven't played yet, but someday! Ahh yeah same with Beat Saber lol. It would be cool, but not enough space. 

Nice to know! Yeah multiplayer games are pretty fun to ngl 😄

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Calliers said:

Unfortunately for me I can only have cake rarely, and even then it has to be a very thin slice because I am diabetic... but when I do I make sure to savor it. 😇

That's understandable! Yeah it's nice once in awhile 😌

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, meloxalis said:

Oh cool! I heard good things about Audiosurf. Haven't played yet, but someday! Ahh yeah same with Beat Saber lol. It would be cool, but not enough space. 

Nice to know! Yeah multiplayer games are pretty fun to ngl 😄

Yeah you've gotta try Audiosurf, it is addictive as hell! ^_^

One multiplayer game I played the hell out of is GTA Online, but I don't like that they haven't made it secure (your IP can be seen by anyone in the lobby) so I stopped playing it, that and the people on Oppressor MK IIs that would just fly around destroying your product turned me off.

Now I'm more into Tekken 7, Fall Guys and I wanna get King of Fighters 15 for online play. 8)

Just now, meloxalis said:

That's understandable! Yeah it's nice once in awhile 😌

Yeah, one of my fave cakes to eat is blue berry cheescake, but my best of all time is black forest cake! :D

• Like 1

Hello. Welcome! :cake:

[a pic of six, sugar cookies, decorated as though they're pink roses, with pink frosting on top and miniature, green, fondant leaves.]

DSC_0091-720x720.jpg

• Like 2
steel_quill

Hello, @meloxalis! Welcome to AVEN! 🍰

1 hour ago, meloxalis said:

A new hobby I picked up is baking sweets/desserts.

I bake, too! (a lot of cake 😋; cookies and muffins, too) What's your favorite type of baked good to make?

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Calliers said:

Yeah you've gotta try Audiosurf, it is addictive as hell! ^_^

One multiplayer game I played the hell out of is GTA Online, but I don't like that they haven't made it secure (your IP can be seen by anyone in the lobby) so I stopped playing it, that and the people on Oppressor MK IIs that would just fly around destroying your product turned me off.

Now I'm more into Tekken 7, Fall Guys and I wanna get King of Fighters 15 for online play. 8)

Yeah, one of my fave cakes to eat is blue berry cheescake, but my best of all time is black forest cake! :D

Yeah ofc, I will! 🎮

Ohh I see, didn't know that about GTA Online. Cool, those games look fun ngl! 🤯

Some multiplayer games I play are Pokemon Unite and Taiko no Tatsujin.

Mmm, black forest cake is good ngl! I like tres leches cake 😋 🍰

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, LeChat said:

Hello. Welcome! :cake:

[a pic of six, sugar cookies, decorated as though they're pink roses, with pink frosting on top and miniature, green, fondant leaves.]

DSC_0091-720x720.jpg

Thanks for the welcome! 🎉

Those cookies look amazing, maybe I'll try to bake those someday 🍪 🎊

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, meloxalis said:

Yeah ofc, I will! 🎮

Ohh I see, didn't know that about GTA Online. Cool, those games look fun ngl! 🤯

Some multiplayer games I play are Pokemon Unite and Taiko no Tatsujin.

Mmm, black forest cake is good ngl! I like tres leches cake 😋 🍰

Oh wow, tres leches cake looks good! But still might be a little too plain for me, I do like my frosting and cream.... ^_^

Pokemon Unite is on Switch? You have a Nintendo Switch then? Or do you play on Steam? Also do you have a Xbox or Playstation?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, steel_quill said:

Hello, @meloxalis! Welcome to AVEN! 🍰

I bake, too! (a lot of cake 😋; cookies and muffins, too) What's your favorite type of baked good to make?

Ooh a fellow baker, hello hello! Cake, cookies, and muffins?! Pretty impressive! 🍰 🎉

I like to bake banana bread. But I've been baking lots of apple pie due to the apple tree in my backyard lol

What do you like to bake? 

• Like 1
steel_quill
2 minutes ago, meloxalis said:

banana bread

Banana bread is great! Have you ever done the thing where when you don't have overripe bananas to use, you stick the regular bananas into the oven at 350 degrees Farenheit for several minutes and watch them all turn as overripe as you want? 😊

That's so cool you have an apple tree in your backyard! And that it produces apples, too!

3 minutes ago, meloxalis said:

What do you like to bake?

Mostly yellow cakes with egg foam and lots of vanilla. Morning glories are tasty, too. 😋

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Calliers said:

Oh wow, tres leches cake looks good! But still might be a little too plain for me, I do like my frosting and cream.... ^_^

Pokemon Unite is on Switch? You have a Nintendo Switch then? Or do you play on Steam? Also do you have a Xbox or Playstation?

Yeah it is, has various types of milk! Oh I see, yeah can't go wrong with frosting. 🍰

Yeah Pokemon Unite is on Switch, mhm I have one. Do you have a Nintendo Switch?

Never owned a Xbox, mostly played on it at a friend's house. Ahh I recently let my friend borrow my Playstation 3 to play on. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, meloxalis said:

Yeah it is, has various types of milk! Oh I see, yeah can't go wrong with frosting. 🍰

Yeah Pokemon Unite is on Switch, mhm I have one. Do you have a Nintendo Switch?

Never owned a Xbox, mostly played on it at a friend's house. Ahh I recently let my friend borrow my Playstation 3 to play on. 

I have a PC (so play on Steam and Xbox for PC, as well as Ubisoft's game front, EA's Origin, the Epic store and GoG), I have Game Pass Ultimate for my Xbox Series X as well as PC as forementioned, and I also have a PS5. I don't have a Nintendo Switch though I have been tempted to buy one, I think I will wait patiently for Nintendo's next console, with better graphics then buy that. :)

I did own a PS3 and PS4 prior to the PS5.

And I've had a Xbox One and Xbox One S as well as a Xbox Series S all of which I have sold (the former Playstations and Xboxes).

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, steel_quill said:

Banana bread is great! Have you ever done the thing where when you don't have overripe bananas to use, you stick the regular bananas into the oven at 350 degrees Farenheit for several minutes and watch them all turn as overripe as you want? 😊

That's so cool you have an apple tree in your backyard! And that it produces apples, too!

Mostly yellow cakes with egg foam and lots of vanilla. Morning glories are tasty, too. 😋

Ohh I haven't yet! 😳 Never knew you can do that, thanks for letting me know. I'll try it out someday. Usually the bananas get ripe quickly since summer is around the corner. ☀️

Yes, until there is a bunch of apple-themed food/desserts lol

Yellow cake is good! 🎉 Morning glories, do you mean the flowers? 😲

• Like 2

You guys should come and bake for me once a week! :D

8 minutes ago, Calliers said:

I have a PC (so play on Steam and Xbox for PC, as well as Ubisoft's game front, EA's Origin, the Epic store and GoG), I have Game Pass Ultimate for my Xbox Series X as well as PC as forementioned, and I also have a PS5. I don't have a Nintendo Switch though I have been tempted to buy one, I think I will wait patiently for Nintendo's next console, with better graphics then buy that. :)

I did own a PS3 and PS4 prior to the PS5.

And I've had a Xbox One and Xbox One S as well as a Xbox Series S all of which I have sold (the former Playstations and Xboxes).

Nice nice! I need to save up for a PC someday. I do play on Steam, but it's all on a laptop lol 🌋

Pretty cool, having both the Xbox Series X and PS5. Game on! 😎

Maybe I'll upgrade to a PS4 one day. 🎮

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, meloxalis said:

Nice nice! I need to save up for a PC someday. I do play on Steam, but it's all on a laptop lol 🌋

Pretty cool, having both the Xbox Series X and PS5. Game on! 😎

Maybe I'll upgrade to a PS4 one day. 🎮

The PS5 is supposed to become more available according to Sony. And you can still find brand new digital PS5s on ebay for good prices!

The only bad thing about getting a digital PS5 is you have to pay extra for some games because you have to buy them online from the Playstation online store! 🤓

You can easily find an all digital PS5 on ebay.com for ~600ish dollars U.S. which isn't really too much to ask and is closer to MSRP.

steel_quill
13 minutes ago, meloxalis said:

Morning glories, do you mean the flowers? 😲

This recipe that I found off the back of a flour bag: https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/morning-glory-muffins-recipe 😋

@Boondocks ParadoxI think you mentioned in my welcome thread before that there's a cooking/baking thread on this site. I'd really appreciate it if you could show me where it is. :) 

7 minutes ago, steel_quill said:

This recipe that I found off the back of a flour bag: https://www.kingarthurbaking.com/recipes/morning-glory-muffins-recipe 😋

@Boondocks ParadoxI think you mentioned in my welcome thread before that there's a cooking/baking thread on this site. I'd really appreciate it if you could show me where it is. :) 

Here ya go! ^_^

• Like 1
steel_quill
24 minutes ago, Calliers said:

Here ya go! ^_^

Thank you, thank you! :) 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, steel_quill said:

Thank you, thank you! :) 

No problemo! 😇

• Like 1
TheSmolFoxWeeb
11 hours ago, meloxalis said:

I like to play rhythm games too! I mainly play osumania!, Roblox robeats, beatsaber, and geometry dash (not really a rhythm game but I thought I’d mention it), though I occasionally play Lanota.

Also hi welcome to aven 🍰