Bonjour/hi!

Just now, Calliers said:

Yeah I am actually pretty good at school but I kinda feel bad because I feel like I wasted my dad's money.... otherwise I don't mind the fact that I dropped out at all. :)

Is it really wasted money? Because you surely learn a lot even if you didnt finish the programs. You surely grew up as a human being, probably met people that changed your life in a certain way. Everything happens for a reason!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Calliers said:

Yeah I am actually pretty good at school but I kinda feel bad because I feel like I wasted my dad's money.... otherwise I don't mind the fact that I dropped out at all. :)

It’s not a waste of his money if you learnt all that stuff is it? Besides, he’s probably proud of how far you’ve come, especially with all the certifications and all :) 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, 2000Sandy said:

HAHAHAHA I know right. I choose the best timing. Well, this is also what procrastination can lead too, naviguating through the internet.. and boom!

It’s either that or cat videos at 3am :P 

• Like 2

HAHAHAHA I know right. I choose the best timing. Well, this is also what procrastination can lead too, naviguating through the internet.. and boom!

LOL! Better late than never am I right!!!? :lol:

1 minute ago, Lichley said:

It’s not a waste of his money if you learnt all that stuff is it? Besides, he’s probably proud of how far you’ve come, especially with all the certifications and all :) 

Is it really wasted money? Because you surely learn a lot even if you didnt finish the programs. You surely grew up as a human being, probably met people that changed your life in a certain way. Everything happens for a reason!

You guys are right, I met friends I still have to this day!

And my dad is still proud of me (even though every other sibling I have has a really crazy qualification and lots of degrees lol). :lol:

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Lichley said:

It’s either that or cat videos at 3am :P 

Haha yup totally. But well our minds needs a way to get away sometimes!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Calliers said:

LOL! Better late than never am I right!!!? :lol:

You guys are right, I met friends I still have to this day!

And my dad is still proud of me (even though every other sibling I have has a really crazy qualification and lots of degrees lol). :lol:

Always better late than never!

And well don't compare yourself, you, and only you needs to be happy about where you are at right now! You can be proud for sure!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Calliers said:

Fix it for ya, none of that negativity ya hear? It’s more important that you’re happy and doing well than getting lots of qualifications. Besides, weren’t you just talking about all the certifications you got? :P 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, 2000Sandy said:

Haha yup totally. But well our minds needs a way to get away sometimes!

I like the avatar you chose, I love hockey too, my favorite team used to be the Vancouver Canucks but now it is the Montreal Canadiens! :D

• Like 2
Just now, Calliers said:

I like the avatar you chose, I love hockey too, my favorite team used to be the Vancouver Canucks but now it is the Montreal Canadiens! :D

Hockey is in my mind the best sport in the world! Habs haven't been good this year, but i feel so fortunated to be a fan of that franchise! 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Lichley said:

Fix it for ya, none of that negativity ya hear? It’s more important that you’re happy and doing well than getting lots of qualifications. Besides, weren’t you just talking about all the certifications you got? :P 

Always better late than never!

And well don't compare yourself, you, and only you needs to be happy about where you are at right now! You can be proud for sure!

You guys are on point! LOL! And yeah I know, and don't worry I am happy. ^_^

Hockey is in my mind the best sport in the world! Habs haven't been good this year, but i feel so fortunated to be a fan of that franchise! 

It is isn't it! I also like to watch golf too!

• Like 2
steel_quill

Hello, @2000Sandy! Welcome to AVEN! 🎂

J'ai étudié la français quand je était dans [*cough cough don't know the word*] high school. 

Forgive the poor grammar. 😅 I can still read some. All part of my teenage dreams to show at Paris Fashion Week one day and look out at the Eiffel Tower while sipping champagne from a balcony over which dangle eggs and cheese in a basket. 😆

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, steel_quill said:

J'ai étudié la français quand je était dans [*cough cough don't know the word*] high school. 

Forgive the poor grammar. 😅 I can still read some. All part of my teenage dreams to show at Paris Fashion Week one day and look out at the Eiffel Tower while sipping champagne from a balcony over which dangle eggs and cheese in a basket. 😆

I've been to Geneva, Switzerland, and a small village in France, and I have Swiss cousins and they always make fun of the way people from Quebec speak French, they say that they pronounce things weird, and differently.... I don't know if this is true? :lol:

steel_quill
17 minutes ago, Calliers said:

people from Quebec speak French, they say that they pronounce things weird, and differently

I'm not from Quebec, nor have I known any French-speaking Quebec people, but my middle school French teacher had a whole unit about Quebec French as distinct from France French. At that point, the class was barely along the alphabet and "la pomme" versus "la pomme de terre," so I couldn't really tell the difference from the speaking videos. But.... ¯\_( ツ )_/¯

I do wonder, too, though......

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, steel_quill said:

Haha thanks for trying, for whay you were trying to say it would have been:

J'ai étudié le français quand j'étais au secondaire!

I absolutely dream about going to France one day too! 

• Like 3
40 minutes ago, Calliers said:

I've been to Geneva, Switzerland, and a small village in France, and I have Swiss cousins and they always make fun of the way people from Quebec speak French, they say that they pronounce things weird, and differently.... I don't know if this is true? :lol:

We do have a different accent. That would compare to American english versus British English. It's just normal that it isn't the same! Plus, it all about history, about how we were colonized back in the days. 

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, steel_quill said:

I'm not from Quebec, nor have I known any French-speaking Quebec people, but my middle school French teacher had a whole unit about Quebec French as distinct from France French. At that point, the class was barely along the alphabet and "la pomme" versus "la pomme de terre," so I couldn't really tell the difference from the speaking videos. But.... ¯\_( ツ )_/¯

I do wonder, too, though......

Well we do use different terms than what they use in europe.. but its like the same from us english vs british english!

Every culture is different and we have different reality which needs its own terms!

• Like 3

This is true! I wonder if other countries where French is spoken, they have different accents too? Or ways of speaking French? (Like Senegal for example). ^_^

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Calliers said:

This is true! I wonder if other countries where French is spoken, they have different accents too? Or ways of speaking French? (Like Senegal for example). ^_^

Of course, even like in Quebec.. if you want to look at Google map.. french that is spoken let's say in Montreal, is very different from the one in Lac Saint-Jean or in Gaspésie, we all have our own slang!

And that is what makes languages beautiful!

• Like 2

Of course, even like in Quebec.. if you want to look at Google map.. french that is spoken let's say in Montreal, is very different from the one in Lac Saint-Jean or in Gaspésie, we all have our own slang!

And that is what makes languages beautiful!

This is true! I think you will enjoy this thread! :D

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Calliers said:

This is true! I think you will enjoy this thread! :D

Wow this blog is actually so fun, not only speaking about asexuality, but actually speaking about everything with people with whom we can relate too!

Thank you for sharing!!

• Like 2
Just now, 2000Sandy said:

Wow this blog is actually so fun, not only speaking about asexuality, but actually speaking about everything with people with whom we can relate too!

Thank you for sharing!!

You're welcome! :)

Yeah these forums are something special, especially if you consider the fact that reddit has killed off 99% of forums over the years, forums are something of a dodo on the internet these days.

Just now, Calliers said:

You're welcome! :)

Yeah these forums are something special, especially if you consider the fact that reddit has killed off 99% of forums over the years, forums are something of a dodo on the internet these days.

Here is actually the first forum that I have been on. I've heard about reddit, but I just see screenshots of that on Twitter sometimes haha.

I just feel good to speak here without the fear of someone I know actually being here you know

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, 2000Sandy said:

Here is actually the first forum that I have been on. I've heard about reddit, but I just see screenshots of that on Twitter sometimes haha.

I just feel good to speak here without the fear of someone I know actually being here you know

Yeah, anonymity is a great plus of perusing the internet! :D

But I prefer forums personally because the community is usually smaller than that on say a place like twitter or reddit, so you can slowly come to know some of the people on forums as opposed to being on the others. This community is very lively and even though I would like to, I still can't get to know everyone on here! ^_^

Just now, Calliers said:

Yeah, anonymity is a great plus of perusing the internet! :D

But I prefer forums personally because the community is usually smaller than that on say a place like twitter or reddit, so you can slowly come to know some of the people on forums as opposed to being on the others. This community is very lively and even though I would like to, I still can't get to know everyone on here! ^_^

Yeah from what I've seen everyone is so respectful and not judging and this is really amazing. And like I've received such great answers. Long paragraphs that takes time in a person day.. and I'm grateful for that.

Like I said somewhere on here before, maybe I'd end up with the conclusion that I do not belong here, but at least this is very fun, and I learn a lot!

• Like 1

Yeah from what I've seen everyone is so respectful and not judging and this is really amazing. And like I've received such great answers. Long paragraphs that takes time in a person day.. and I'm grateful for that.

Like I said somewhere on here before, maybe I'd end up with the conclusion that I do not belong here, but at least this is very fun, and I learn a lot!

You don't have to be an ace to remain here! We have a few non-aces and people that came here thinking they were ace but then decided they weren't who stay anyway! That's the best part! 😇

• Like 1
Just now, Calliers said:

You don't have to be an ace to remain here! We have a few non-aces and people that came here thinking they were ace but then decided they weren't who stay anyway! That's the best part! 😇

This really is great! I wish I had someone around me who was well openly asexual so I could just talk about it though.. or like that I'd know someone who is and actually could try and see how it could go. It must be hard to find people who are open for that type of relationship. I'm sure I want the romantic type though. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, 2000Sandy said:

This really is great! I wish I had someone around me who was well openly asexual so I could just talk about it though.. or like that I'd know someone who is and actually could try and see how it could go. It must be hard to find people who are open for that type of relationship. I'm sure I want the romantic type though. 

Yeah, we are a rarity amongst the general population. Don't worry, you'll eventually figure things out.

J. van Deijck

Bonjour, comment allez-vous? ^_^ that's how much I can say in French, even though I'm a Belgian :lol: I hope you enjoy your stay here 🍰

• Like 1
TheSmolFoxWeeb

Hi welcome to aven 🍰

unfortunately I can’t speak French

• Like 1