Bonjour/hi!

So Hi im new here, I started hearing about what was asexuality maybe like 1 week ago and this kinda sounds like who I may actually be.

So I'm here to read about different people experience with that, learn more about the subject and who knows, maybe I'll come to confirm that I may really be a part of this community.

I'm from Quebec so I speak french, so if there are people from there too that would like to speak to someone close from well why not!

It's so nice that this ressource here actually exist. Seems like a safe space which is super nice!

• Like 2

Bienvenue! Si vous avez une question particulière à laquelle vous aimeriez avoir une réponse, n'hésitez pas à nous la poser :) 

Welcome! Please ignore my subpar French grammar, it’s been a few years since I wrote in French so I tried to check it on google translate :P 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Lichley said:

Bienvenue! Si vous avez une question particulière à laquelle vous aimeriez avoir une réponse, n'hésitez pas à nous la poser :) 

Welcome! Please ignore my subpar French grammar, it’s been a few years since I wrote in French so I tried to check it on google translate :P 

chocolate-chocolate+cake.jpg

Hahha it's actually quite good french! My english is probably way worse than your french! Thank you!

• Like 2

Oh thank you for sharing the link! I think I do understand english pretty well but it is very nice that there is a french section on here!

• Like 1
Just now, 2000Sandy said:

Hahha it's actually quite good french! My english is probably way worse than your french! Thank you!

You should’ve seen it before the grammar check, completely forgot laquelle was a word and spent a few minutes very confused on how to word everything 😂

• Like 1

You should’ve seen it before the grammar check, completely forgot laquelle was a word and spent a few minutes very confused on how to word everything 😂

Hahah believe me I know how hard french can be. I'm actually studying to become an elementary school teacher and have a HUGE french exam coming up on May 29th, and I never felt so bad in french than right now hahaha

• Like 2

I went to a French school during college and took French in grade school but all I know how to say in French is "I am late". :lol:

• Like 1
Just now, Calliers said:

I went to a French school during college and took French in grade school but all I know how to say in French is "I am late". :lol:

Wellll, there is no shame in that! At least you did learn about a foreign language which is amazing!

• Like 2

Hahah believe me I know how hard french can be. I'm actually studying to become an elementary school teacher and have a HUGE french exam coming up on May 29th, and I never felt so bad in french than right now hahaha

Ooh good luck then, I’m rooting for ya!  🤗

I’ve just finished finals myself, Friday was the last one 🥳

• Like 1
1 minute ago, 2000Sandy said:

Wellll, there is no shame in that! At least you did learn about a foreign language which is amazing!

Just now, Lichley said:

Yes good luck to you @2000Sandy!

And you know, I actually know more Japanese than French, and more French than the languages my parents speak! (I was born in Canada, but they are from Uganda!) 🤣

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lichley said:

Thanks! I'll need luck since if I fail this exam, I'll have to do one extra year in university and I really do not want that hahaha. I compare this exam in education, to the one people in law have to do to become a lawyer. It's so hard

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Calliers said:

Studies say that the best phrase to learn for any language is the following “my friend will pay”

On that note, mon ami Calliers paiera ;) 

• Like 2
Just now, Calliers said:

Yes good luck to you @2000Sandy!

And you know, I actually know more Japanese than French, and more French than the languages my parents speak! (I was born in Canada, but they are from Uganda!) 🤣

Thank you so much! 

Oh wow I wish I'd know more than just french and english.. I did try to learn a bit of spanish and swedish.. but school prevents me to spend enough time on learning a new language unfortunately!

• Like 2

Thanks! I'll need luck since if I fail this exam, I'll have to do one extra year in university and I really do not want that hahaha. I compare this exam in education, to the one people in law have to do to become a lawyer. It's so hard

Yeah education exams are some of the hardest exams, and that’s coming from someone in science! You have to not only learn all the content but be able to explain and present it clearly in order to teach someone else how to do it, that’s super hard!

• Like 2

Studies say that the best phrase to learn for any language is the following “my friend will pay”

On that note, mon ami Calliers paiera ;) 

Ha!

I knew what that meant, although just to make sure I checked on google.ca and I was like yeah they're trying to pull a fast one huh!? :lol:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Lichley said:

Yeah education exams are some of the hardest exams, and that’s coming from someone in science! You have to not only learn all the content but be able to explain and present it clearly in order to teach someone else how to do it, that’s super hard!

It may be hard, but it's so amazing to see the impact when can have on those kids, how we can actually make a difference. And I may be new here on the topic of Asexuality or everything about LGBTQ+ (I'm new to this I dont know what is the full acronym), but since I was not tought about any of that when I was in school, well I may just talk about it when I'll be a teacher, and make a difference in those kids life you know. Even if I would end up saying, well maybe im not asexual, just to read about it, makes me sad to know that this not talked about in most of our schools!

• Like 2

It may be hard, but it's so amazing to see the impact when can have on those kids, how we can actually make a difference. And I may be new here on the topic of Asexuality or everything about LGBTQ+ (I'm new to this I dont know what is the full acronym), but since I was not tought about any of that when I was in school, well I may just talk about it when I'll be a teacher, and make a difference in those kids life you know. Even if I would end up saying, well maybe im not asexual, just to read about it, makes me sad to know that this not talked about in most of our schools!

That’s really sweet of you to consider that. Here’s a few resource links that could be useful if you’re explaining it then :) 

http://www.asexualityarchive.com/a-parents-guide-to-asexuality/

https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/3/26/16291562/asexuality-tv-history-bojack-shadowhunters-game-of-thrones

https://thelinknewspaper.ca/article/asexuality-explained-through-cake

• Like 2

Well I still have 2 more year of university if not 3 (If I fell my exam), but yeah I'll definitely think about a way to introduce all of this in my class in the near future! It's important.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, 2000Sandy said:

Well I still have 2 more year of university if not 3 (If I fell my exam), but yeah I'll definitely think about a way to introduce all of this in my class in the near future! It's important.

Well you seem like the hard working type, so as long as you put the time and effort in I’m sure you’ll do fine :) 

• Like 2

Well both of you did better than me, I have a 2 year professional diploma in programming, but I'm a two time varsity drop out also lol. I then after the diploma got a bunch of certifications in computers and that is how I started out, doing okay for myself these days though. ^_^

• Like 2

Well you seem like the hard working type, so as long as you put the time and effort in I’m sure you’ll do fine :) 

I like to see myself as a hard working person so thank you very much! It's nice to be able to openly talk about all of that!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Calliers said:

Well both of you did better than me, I have a 2 year professional diploma in programming, but I'm a two time varsity drop out also lol. I then after the diploma got a bunch of certifications in computers and that is how I started out, doing okay for myself these days though. ^_^

There is not one best way to achieve a career. The most important thing is to feel happy about where you are at, and to love what you do! It's not everyone that wants to be a chemist or a lawyer for instance haha. We need people in every jobs that exists!

• Like 2

I like to see myself as a hard working person so thank you very much! It's nice to be able to openly talk about all of that!

Yeah you seem to be worried about the exam so that means you're actively preparing for it, if you weren't worried, then that in itself would be worrying!

• Like 2
Just now, Calliers said:

Yeah you seem to be worried about the exam so that means you're actively preparing for it, if you weren't worried, then that in itself would be worrying!

Well I did spend the whole day preparing for it. 11 more days before THE day, so I need to do a little bit everyday. Because who knows, maybe I could become sick and not be able to study for a few days hahaha. So Yeah its important I spend time studying. Coming here helps in 2 ways, first I can learn more about myself, approve that my feelings are okay and finally, it helps to take my brain away for a bit!

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Calliers said:

The important part is that you are doing well for yourself. Dropping out isn’t something to be ashamed of, it happened and it’s not like you can do anything to change it now so son’t beat yourself up over it. The fact is you have the diploma and all these certifications in spite of whatever caused you to drop out in the first place, and I think that just makes it more impressive.

• Like 2

The important part is that you are doing well for yourself. Dropping out isn’t something to be ashamed of, it happened and it’s not like you can do anything to change it now so son’t beat yourself up over it. The fact is you have the diploma and all these certifications in spite of whatever caused you to drop out in the first place, and I think that just makes it more impressive.

Couldn't agree more! This is perseverance and it is amazing!

• Like 2

Well I did spend the whole day preparing for it. 11 more days before THE day, so I need to do a little bit everyday. Because who knows, maybe I could become sick and not be able to study for a few days hahaha. So Yeah its important I spend time studying. Coming here helps in 2 ways, first I can learn more about myself, approve that my feelings are okay and finally, it helps to take my brain away for a bit!

Nothing like going through a major identity realisation right before an important exam :P 

• Like 2

Yeah I am actually pretty good at school but I kinda feel bad because I feel like I wasted my dad's money.... otherwise I don't mind the fact that I dropped out at all. :)

• Like 2
Just now, Lichley said:

Nothing like going through a major identity realisation right before an important exam :P 

HAHAHAHA I know right. I choose the best timing. Well, this is also what procrastination can lead too, naviguating through the internet.. and boom!

• Like 2