- Hair grows back

- I'm having a depressive episode

Reasons not to do it:

- I'm having a depressive episode

- My mum would kill me

- My dad would disown me, he came close the time I dyed my hair blue

- My hairdresser would resurrect me for the sole purpose of killing me again

- My grandma would freak the hell out

(I'm 19 but Balkan, we're considered "babies" by our families until we turn like 40 in Greece, and even then it's debatable)

- All my cishet and/or feminine friends except one would be weirded out and I have too few people in my life

- I'm afraid of getting sunburn on my head (though I wear hats all the time)

- I like the decapage thing I have going on

Neutral point:

- Seems like a waste of hair somehow (Though they're equally wasted on my head)

I didn't want to ask instagram because it's a hellhole. So, AVEN it is! I'm probably not gonna go through with it either way because no energy. I just... sort of needed to write something to occupy myself because depression is hitting hard at the moment and my body hates it when I cry cause I get massive headaches and my nose clogs up. Fun times. Thanks for letting me hang around the forums and spew stuff like this.

• Like 4
J. van Deijck

I'm gonna tell you, just do whatever you feel is right at the moment.

• Like 3
Fraggle Underdark

Shaving it sounds awesome but then I read the cons and it sounds like the social cost unfortunately would be very high. So I don't feel comfortable making a call, but can only say that that sounds awesome

• Like 6
Captain_Tass
18 minutes ago, Lord Jade Cross said:

This did get a laugh out of me, thanks 😂

• Like 2

I also thought you could but when I read the cons I decided there's too much at stake.... don't do it. Power through.

• Like 4

I'll say it simply and clearly "I like you with hair!" :blush:

• Like 3
1 minute ago, uniQChick said:

I'll say it simply and clearly "I like you with hair!" :blush:

Yeah me too @Life Of Tass, I honestly think you look better with hair.

• Like 2

Keep creeping up your undercut until people don't notice you've shaved your whole head.

Or, invest in a wig for home visits and video calls.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Snao Cone said:

A blue wig just for your dad 😄

• Like 5
everywhere and nowhere

I would advise against it because I just find bald heads and crewcuts ugly. To me hair of the length which was considered OK in my father's time still looks fine, but as ultra-short haircuts get trendy, men look even uglier. ;) And what was OK for boys and men in my father's time was by no means truly long... think of the scene in "Hair" where the hippies and Claude are arrested for disturbing a posh party, a jail warden tries to give Woof a haircut, and Woof starts screaming "No, no, no, no, no!!". ;) So in Poland it was yet worse, I would say - amplified by general moral conservatism and unification tendencies of communism and by the fact that hippies were considered another Trojan import from the corrupt West... I've read about a hippie, here in Poland in the early 1970s, who was told in no uncertain terms that he either cuts his hair or must abandon his studies... interestingly, this made him even more unwavering in his views. Otherwise he might have thought: "What's the big deal, it's only a hairstyle, and I want to study and gain knowledge" - but such a strongly voiced demand gave him a feeling that, ultimately, the university and the state were against the values he represented, and therefore made it no longer a question of mere appearance, but a question of values.

• Like 2
Captain_Tass
20 minutes ago, Snao Cone said:

Keep creeping up your undercut until people don't notice you've shaved your whole head.

18 minutes ago, Acing It said:

A blue wig just for your dad 😄

Thank you for giving me one of the only genuine laughs I've had today, I really appreciate y'all 🧡

• Like 5

I grew up in the 60s and 70s, when long hair for all young people was popular. That is still the aesthetic I prefer. But ultimately it's up to each person to decide. I am pro-choice. :) 

• Like 3
Sister Mercurial

My general instinct is to oppose any kind of destruction for the sake of it.  

• Like 1

I read the con list and honestly would say no but also could you make get a haircut that isnt cutting it all off? How long is ya hair? 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, Reindeer said:

I read the con list and honestly would say no but also could you make get a haircut that isnt cutting it all off? How long is ya hair? 

You should be able to find pictures of @Life Of Tass in the General Selfie thread here:

Speaking of pictures, maybe you could find an app that would change your head to look bald/shaved? Of course, that probably wouldn't be able to show your actual head shape, but might give you some idea of how your face could look on a head without hair.

• Like 2
SorryNotSorry

It's your head, do what you want to it.

• Like 2
Captain_Tass

I just came here to say that I've decided to make this decision when I'm in a better place mentally, but then I saw that one other individual has selected the "Abstaining cause I'm Zed" option, so

agxVGBdo_700w_0.jpg

• Like 7