Dating while transmasc? (T4T)

spacecowboy55

hey mates, i've finally come around to it and i really do think i'm transmasc ((: i want to be done with being so mean to myself, so i figure acceptance is the only path.

i am curious though, how do you go about dating while you're transmasc? i'm interested in all kinds of trans people, but definitely not cis people. the issue is i don't even know any other trans people T_T how do you even meet them? and how the hell am i supposed to DATE? ?_? 

i'm eighteen, turning nineteen this year and i've never dated anyone which is fine, but i mean, i'd like to, especially now that i know who i am.

• Like 3
Oberon Jasper

I found the easiest way for a time for me was Taimi as it's specifically designed for trans people. It is a dating app so depending on how you feel about that, that worked well for me when I used it.

• Like 2

Tbh I'd say you'd date the same way as otherwise. You find a space you're comfortable in, online or off, where you can meet people who you might be interested in and might be interested in you. Interact with those people, and see what happens. As @Jasper Belamour mentioned, there are apps specifically designed for trans people. There are (if your town/city is big enough) meetups targeted at queer people, bars for such things (if you're legal drinking age wherever you are), and so forth. If you attend a university, they often have LGBT+ clubs, etc. It's just a matter of researching what's around and hoping you find someone you click with.

Obviously, take appropriate caution when pursuing any of these avenues, and don't do anything you're not comfortable with!

• Like 2

As it hasn't already been mentioned, I wanted to also bring up that before I had figured out my gender identity I thought almost all of my friend group was cis and now knowing that I am trans I know so many other trans folks (we kinda came out at different times, but most of us happened to come out within the past 2 years somehow). Since then I've also been meeting more trans people... maybe the people around you at the moment aren't the people you'd necessarily find a good partner in, but I guess what I'm saying is communities of trans people seem to come together quickly in my experience and meeting people through your friends is a viable option. 

((I feel like I'm making 0 sense today so let me know if these ramblings of a mad person don't make any sense))

• Like 1