Penpal?

MidnightStar

Hi, I’m the ace in a very long term mixed orientation relationship. I’m looking for a pen pal I guess. I don’t want to spill my story on the forum, I did that a long time ago and my post got ripped to shreds and I was made to feel awful for ‘deceiving my husband’ for so many years even though I had no idea I was ace or that asexuality existed. 

Anyways  I left the forum, my marriage is still crumbling and I feel like we will probably divorce in the next year or two. And it’ll be messy because we have children. We are living as very good friends at the moment but I know he wants more and I mentally and physically cannot bring myself to give it to him and he says he cannot live without it. 

Anyways I don’t know a single other ace person. My husband and best friend are the only ones who know I’m ace and they don’t understand it at all. I feel so broken and could use a friend to talk to in a similar situation. Message back and forth so I do not  feel like the only ace on the planet. Send me a message if you are in a similar predicament and want to chat. 

• Like 1
Blue eyes white dragon

Hey, I'm sorry you're first time around was unpleasant 😢. You didn't know you were ace and were trying to figure out how to navigate your marriage, thats a hard thing to deal with, I wish I can comfort you but I have no experience with that type of situation.. but you aren't alone and feel free to message me if you want💜

• Like 1
notafigmentofurimagination
4 hours ago, Blue eyes white dragon said:

Hey, I'm sorry you're first time around was unpleasant 😢. You didn't know you were ace and were trying to figure out how to navigate your marriage, thats a hard thing to deal with, I wish I can comfort you but I have no experience with that type of situation.. but you aren't alone and feel free to message me if you want💜

^^ same here

MidnightStar

Thank you both. It was a shame because I finally felt like I found my people so I shared my story which was long and hard to write  but then my post was picked apart and I was quoted and my words twisted to insinuate things that weren’t being said. It was mainly by one user whose name I DO remember and who is very active here and seems to respond to every post. I do think I would enjoy being on AVEN if I could block this person. Is that a possibility on here? 

• Like 1
cisalpine sparrow
13 minutes ago, MidnightStar said:

Thank you both. It was a shame because I finally felt like I found my people so I shared my story which was long and hard to write  but then my post was picked apart and I was quoted and my words twisted to insinuate things that weren’t being said. It was mainly by one user whose name I DO remember and who is very active here and seems to respond to every post. I do think I would enjoy being on AVEN if I could block this person. Is that a possibility on here? 

If you know their username, you can paste it in the field on this page: https://www.asexuality.org/en/ignore/

• Like 1
On 5/17/2022 at 8:01 AM, MidnightStar said:

Thanks I’ve just done that. Does that mean they can’t see and comment on my posts or just that I can’t see what they post and comment?

They can still see and comment on your posts. To you, their posts will show up as "You've chosen to ignore content by [username]. Options".

• 3 months later...