Am I ASexual or is do I just have lack of feeling down there

redheadonfire23

redheadonfire23

I was born with Spina Bifida so I have some nerve damage problems in places below my hips(including under my feet and my butt). I'm 17 and still don't have ANY interest in sex. I think guys are cute and maybe I want to kiss them, but I don't care about sex the way kids talk about it at school. The only reason I would even think about sex is to question why I'm not interested in it. Do you think that its possible that I just don't have feeling down there as a result of my disability, or could I be asexual?

That is very interesting. It should be remembered however that arousal usually starts in the mind, so I doubt whether not being able to feel anything genitally would stop you from being psychologically aroused, although I suppose it might make you less interested in sex, as genital arousal does make people more inclined to want sex/masturbation. You haven't said whether you know that your genitals are affected by nerve damage however. I have noted from your profile that you are female. One way you might find out is to try touching/pressing your clitoris to see whether this produces any sort of sensation.