am i asexual?

my name is anna and im 20. ive been married for 2 years and i have lost pretty much all sexual interest in my husband. i am still attracted to him and to others for that matter but i rarely get sexually aroused. i know when im attracted to someone and i end up flirting with them but i have no interest in sleeping with them. ive been sexually active for a few years now and i still have sex with my husband but im never aroused. ive tried masturbating but that has never worked from the moment i tried it. i try to stay sexuial arroused but i find it nearly impossible. am i asexual? and if so is there anything i can do to make myself more comfortable with it?

You know, you're the only one who can decide if you're asexual or not. :wink: But, to me, it does sound like you're asexual. :D But I still suggest you take a peek around AVEN, read some of the experiences of other members, and explore. :D

You are teh only one allowed to label yourself. Someone can give you a label, but unless you accept it it won't stick. But, yes, it is possible you're asexual.

Where you sexually interested in him at one point? It might just be that there's something else that's wrong. A lot of times, I've heard, in marriages things can seem repetitive. Like "It's the same sex all the time, and I'm not always getting what I want out of it, so what's the point?" or something. You might want to talk to him about it, maybe try new things or something.

But, yeah, because of the masturbating thing that might not be it. Although, if you want some advice about masturbating, etc. from a girls point of view- http://clitical.org/ is a great site for it.

Feel free to check that out and look around AVEN. Definitely talk with your husband about it if you haven't. :D Communication is key!

• 2 weeks later...

Old Native American Story:

A boy ran the race of childhood and grew into a young man. Like all young man, he took a journey into the wilderness and stayed away from his parents for 1 week.

When the young man returned, his father came to him and said, "Now you are a man!"

The Man said, "No father! No I AM who I say I am and nobody can tell me otherwise!" and the Man turned to all the people and yelled with all his might, "AND I SAY, I... AM... A... MAN!

So, I agree! You ARE who YOU say you are!

Old Native American Story:

A boy ran the race of childhood and grew into a young man. Like all young man, he took a journey into the wilderness and stayed away from his parents for 1 week.

When the young man returned, his father came to him and said, "Now you are a man!"

The Man said, "No father! No I AM who I say I am and nobody can tell me otherwise!" and the Man turned to all the people and yelled with all his might, "AND I SAY, I... AM... A... MAN!

So, I agree! You ARE who YOU say you are!

Firefly did something similar. "A man is just a boy old enough to ask that question". Probably stole it from something, but whatever.

I'm more of a "I can't be a man! I don't wanna grow up and you can't make me!" person, really.