Hello!

I'm 16 years old and I recently discovered that I am asexual by reading Loveless by Alice Oseman. Before this I didn't really think about my orientation much but I assumed I was either straight or bi. I had heard about asexuality but I did not think that the label fit me because I thought I had crushes in the past. I like to read a lot so when I stumbled upon Loveless I gave it a go beause it looked interesting. The book resonated with me deeply, especially the feelings of the main character Georgia in regards to sex ans relationships. Like her, I thought I was destined to fall in love with someone or even marry someday but the more I thought about it the more I relized that I have never had a desire to be with someone in that way. I could look at someone and regonize that they were attractive and admire them for their apperence but I would never want to interact with them. What I thought were crushes turned out to be cases of aesthetic attraction. Not only this but as I grew older and my friends became interested in relationships and sex I started to feel alienated and did not understand what the hype was about. After I finished the book I did futher research online with confirmed my suspicions. That was also when I stumbled across AVEN and decided to join!

I am not out to my parents yet. I have only told a handful of friends but they have been very supportive. Currently unsure if I am aromantic so I still have some searching to do. Thanks for reading!

• Like 6

Hi. Welcome! :cake:

:) I think, you might be interested in this thread, then, to talk about the book (if you'd like) or read others' responses: LETS TALK HEARTSTOPPER AND ALICE OSEMAN! - World Watch - Asexual Visibility and Education Network (asexuality.org)

[a pic of a cake, decorated as a smiling, sitting, purple dragon, with a green underside, nails, eyes, ears, and a few scales, at the end of its tail.]

9a125821e3615b230d9233dac9549ee2--dragon

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, LeChat said:

Hi. Welcome! :cake:

:) I think, you might be interested in this thread, then, to talk about the book (if you'd like) or read others' responses: LETS TALK HEARTSTOPPER AND ALICE OSEMAN! - World Watch - Asexual Visibility and Education Network (asexuality.org)

[a pic of a cake, decorated as a smiling, sitting, purple dragon, with a green underside, nails, eyes, ears, and a few scales, at the end of its tail.]

9a125821e3615b230d9233dac9549ee2--dragon

Thank you for pointing this out I will definitely check it out. Love this cake, I really like dragons!

@Deka404Your opening post was very pleasant to read, I am glad you are learning more about yourself! And welcome to AVEN! :D 🍰 🍰 🍰

• Like 1
Boondocks Paradox

Hello and welcome to AVEN!!! 😁

Edhr4riUwAEH2lY.jpg

I'm starting to appreciate Heartstopper by Alice Oseman and might dive in into Loveless soon! ☺️

• Like 2
Blueberry Pie

Welcome to AVEN! I am so glad to hear that Loveless helped you out! This is why good representation is so important. :D  

• Like 2
TheSmolFoxWeeb

Hi welcome to aven 🍰

• Like 1

Welcome! It’s a good book I’m glad you enjoyed it :D 

01ca4f42876b20dd42213cea3a778cd1.jpg

• Like 1