The minority of the minority

Ella of Frell

Ella of Frell

Hello everyone! I only recently realized that I am ace (about 8 months ago), but I've always known that I didn't really like sex. It's just such a common thing to hear that men always want sex more, so I thought it was completely normal that my husband always wanted sex and I didn't. Being queer anyways, I knew about asexuality but never even considered that it might apply to me. Figuring that out made me understand myself so much better and made me feel less guilty about deciding that I didn't want to have sex anymore. My husband wasn't really surprised but was rather disappointed at the thought that he would never have sex again despite me saying it was fine if he did with other people. Our relationship has always been more about creating a family than anything. It's not romantic so sex was the only thing that made us somewhat normal in his mind. Now that he's finally let that go and started seeing someone else, we're doing great as a family. And, I have a really great group of friends who are all queer in some way that I can be open with (not so much with my pentecostal Christian family from Nebraska). However, I'm still the only ace person I know. My huge friend group includes many who are gay, bi, or gender queer, but I'm the only ace. It's sort of singled me out as the minority of our group of minorities. So, I joined here to hear from others who are ace. It's been really nice to read everyone's stories and feel a bit less on my own. 

• Like 7

Hey there, welcome to AVEN! It's great here! You'll certainly find more like minded people! :D 🍰 🍰 🍰

• Like 3

Welcome @beta_moon to our small family with big hearts!

dahlia-marble-purple-cake-mitchies-munch

• Like 3

Hi. Welcome! :cake:

[a pic of an overhead view of a light, orange cake on a clear, glass plate, resembling a cat's face. It's topped with a star frosting design and chocolate lines, representing ears, whiskers, and a smiling mouth. Two, brown M and M's are eyes, and a red jelly bean is the nose.]

easy-cat-cake_2.jpg

• Like 3
J. van Deijck

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay :cake:

Here most of us are aces, but there are also some friendly allos or people who are questioning. I hope you will find what you're looking for ^_^

• Like 2
Ella of Frell

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome. I must say, I'm rather fond of this cake welcoming tradition. And a cat cake from @LeChat... Love it! 

• Like 1
TheSmolFoxWeeb

Hi welcome to aven 🍰