Sex-free relationships: how did you meet your partners?

MinnieMouse

I’m ace, sex repulsed, homoromantic and don’t want to have kids. All these things together make me feel like finding a romantic partner is almost impossible. I’ve tried lots of dating sites/apps, and I’m an active member of an ace group with meetups on a regular basis, but I still haven’t had any luck with finding a partner. 

I know here are people who are in sex-free relationships. How did you meet your partners? 

• Like 1
Anomaly Q3Xr

I had previously been on a lot of dating sites, and also been in relationships with several people (all broke down because I wouldn't have sex, though I was always upfront about that). I joined a fair few Facebook dating sites, and posted in them. Eventually in 2020 my best friend (also ace) saw a post by my now-partner on Asexualitic and suggested we may be compatible. We messaged back and forth, and have been together ever since. I have even moved to an entirely different town and county to live nearer to them.

Prior to meeting my partner I did date one other asexual, but that did not work out for other reasons.  I met him through a dating group on Facebook.

• Like 2
honeybeejasper

I met my partner on this site. We've been together for over a year now and I'm really happy.

• Like 3
MinnieMouse
On 5/12/2022 at 9:07 PM, Sammie M said:

I had previously been on a lot of dating sites, and also been in relationships with several people (all broke down because I wouldn't have sex, though I was always upfront about that). I joined a fair few Facebook dating sites, and posted in them. Eventually in 2020 my best friend (also ace) saw a post by my now-partner on Asexualitic and suggested we may be compatible. We messaged back and forth, and have been together ever since. I have even moved to an entirely different town and county to live nearer to them.

Prior to meeting my partner I did date one other asexual, but that did not work out for other reasons.  I met him through a dating group on Facebook.

It's so wonderful to hear that! 🤗 I'm happy for you!

• Like 1
MinnieMouse
23 hours ago, Burgundy Ashe said:

I literaly haven't looked for a partner yet lmao. I found a reddit sub for ace dating and posted an ad and messaged with four different people, but nothing bloomed. 

here are three ways of doing online dating: 

https://www.asexualcupid.com/myHome

https://acelove.us/

https://www.reddit.com/r/asexualdating/

I've also messaged with two or three people on different dating sites/apps/groups, but it turned out that we hadn't much in common as individuals. I've tried a few international ace dating sites, but there were almost no people in my country. :( I haven't tried Acelove or the reddit sub though, so I'll check them out! Thanks! :) 

MinnieMouse
22 hours ago, honeybeejasper said:

I met my partner on this site. We've been together for over a year now and I'm really happy.

Oh, that's amazing! :D 

• Like 1