Hi there. ^^

Hello there,

I'm Kate. I realized I was asexual about six years ago and two years ago realized I was aromantic as well. I also last year discovered the term fictosexual (exclusively attracted to fictional characters) which fit as well, so I am ficto/aroace. I also am attracted to robots (though I usually just lump that under ficto). I usually just say aroace if asked IRL for simplicity's sake. My best friend knows about me being aroace but I haven't told anyone else (though my family knows I am uninterested in relationships/marriage).

After discovering being ficto, I've been fairly active in the self shipping community lately and I have several fictional others (my main ones currently being Jotaro Kujo from JJBA + Hank/Deimos from Madness Combat).

Other things about me: I have autism/adhd and I really like Madness Combat + JJBA + cartoons. I'm in college currently. Sometimes I draw and write, usually very self indulgent things. I don't know what else to put here but it is very cool to see this forum and know that there are other people like me. I'm excited to meet you all.

• Like 1

Hi, Kate. Welcome! :cake:

:) If you're interested, there are threads for members with Autism and ADHD, in the sub-forum "Mental Health, Neurodiversity, etc." in the Intersectionality forum.

Here's a green cake, to welcome you and represent aromanticism.

[a pic of a rectangle, piece of vanilla cake (filled with six lines of lime gelatin) and topped with vanilla frosting and green, nonpareils sprinkles. A silver fork is on the left, next to the cake.]

Wearing-o--Green-Cake_exps27321_BOS29302

Boondocks Paradox

Hello and welcome to AVEN! 😊

9e8d73473456c319fd7964704af322fe.jpg

• Like 1
steel_quill

Hi, Kate! Welcome to AVEN! 🍰

37 minutes ago, KateKujo said:

Sometimes I draw and write, usually very self indulgent things.

Me, too! What types of drawings? What genres do you write? I work mostly in YA SFF.

There's also a thread here for artists to post their works. :) 

Anomaly Q3Xr

Hey Kate, welcome to AVEN :)

J. van Deijck
7 hours ago, KateKujo said:

I also am attracted to robots

That's the thing :D

Welcome! :cake:

TheSmolFoxWeeb

Hi Kate welcome to aven 🍰

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome! A bit late to the party, but I brought more cake :P 

la-fo-proof-chocolate-cake-20160213&f=1&