My ace/femme hormon monster

In the last few years I started getting emotional, hormonal, one might say, on my periods. I've been getting periods for a lot longer, but this is still a new experience - I wasn't that emotional even as a teen.

Today I started to visualize the internal debate these cause: my rational self struggling to correctly navigate day-to-day situations while my hormonally-induced emotions make childish demands, barging in on an impulse.

Then inspiration struck me: I'm talking with my "hormon monster" - but not one like I saw in Big Mouth. As a non-libido ace, I never got the attraction or urges that relate to any of these.

My hormon monster, my ace, non libido monster, is a hyperactive plushie, requesting to hug my SO, pet all the cats and dogs, and occasionally sob for no real reason.

Anyone identifies?

Janus the Fox

I know of Big Mouth and Human Resources, the spin off.  In these, I think in those shows a lack of libido tends to be represented by much older hormone monsters, where one of the characters where given Rick, because the child is late to puberty compared to the other kids.  There was a female version of Rick given to a character going through menopause.

Even as a sexual woman with perhaps a slightly higher than average (?) libido, PMS/periods don't make me hornier. Generally my energy levels are lower, my depression symptoms get worse and I feel flatter, and it's when I'm least likely to want sex. I get a bit more emotionally... clingy... though. I mean, as a generally highly 'feely' person I'm always very emotionally expressive with my partner (and thank god it's something he not only appreciates about me but also seems to really need from me), but yeah I seem to need more emotional comfort then.

If there's a time I'm most likely to want sex, it's right after Monthly Lady Times are over.

Geekykitty
On 5/9/2022 at 3:33 AM, Prisma said:

In the last few years I started getting emotional, hormonal, one might say, on my periods. I've been getting periods for a lot longer, but this is still a new experience - I wasn't that emotional even as a teen

I think that's pretty normal isn't it to get more emotional around your period? 

I think I'm emotional all the time! 😝 I often feel like crying, I have anxiety and often certain situations will overwhelm me and get me very upset, and I feel angry alot too! I try so hard to keep my emotions in check when I'm around people so I can seem "normal" and in control. But when I'm home by myself I can just let it all out. And my poor cat gets alot of cuddles when I'm in one of my depressed moods😁  Emotions are normal, some people are maybe just more sensitive then others? As long as you can notice the signs and keep enough contol over your emotions in public, then you can have your emotional meltdown at home 😫

On 5/18/2022 at 12:32 AM, Geekykitty said:

I think that's pretty normal isn't it to get more emotional around your period? 

I think I'm emotional all the time! 😝 I often feel like crying, I have anxiety and often certain situations will overwhelm me and get me very upset, and I feel angry alot too! I try so hard to keep my emotions in check when I'm around people so I can seem "normal" and in control. But when I'm home by myself I can just let it all out. And my poor cat gets alot of cuddles when I'm in one of my depressed moods😁  Emotions are normal, some people are maybe just more sensitive then others? As long as you can notice the signs and keep enough contol over your emotions in public, then you can have your emotional meltdown at home 😫

Tbh I only started getting emotional on my period about 2 years ago, after 12 years of being normal on my period. Being (also) asexual I never felt hormons "interfering" with my life until then, so it's pretty confusing to me and hard to get used to not being able to trust myself 1/4 of the time. I postpone any decision making until after my period to be sure it's not just some hormonal madness.

I'm an expert at hiding my emotions, but it is so exhausting...