recentely in question

I'm 16 and up until a couple weeks ago, i had never really knew what asexuality was. i've only had sex a couple times, and it has been within the last month or so with one person, but found myself very apathetic to the entire ordeal. i never considered myself to have much of a sex drive, but i figured that would change after having sex, but it hasnt. Being around a lot of sexual friends, its been hard for me to consider asexuality an option, but i can't help the feeling of apathy. Perhaps i need to experiment with more people before i can identify myself as asexual? Or maybe the relationship i'm in is causing the apathy?

any advice would be great advice.

Oh, a first post :cake: ! Welcome!

From what I see, you might as well be asexual. The "experimentation" thing doesn't convince me too much, but if you feel like doing it to discover yourself, then by all means do it. Maybe someday you'll meet someone (the classic "right person", in whom I don't believe much, at least for myself) who will awaken you sexually; in the meantime (which could be all your life, hehe :lol: ) you can call yourself asexual if you decide it's an appropriate label, and visit AVEN for more information. One more thing: if your relationship is causing you apathy, not only sexually, but generally, then I'd suggest reconsidering it. Seriously.

Best of luck 8) !

Well, it's up to you whether you experiment or not.

I'm still questioning myself, but I know for a fact that I wouldn't find physical intimacy enjoyable with anyone unless I got to know them really well as a friend before we became "a couple" and became physically intimate.

So, you may be an asexual. But it may also be that you've never been sexual with someone you're emotionally close to. Also, if you're having sex with people in your own age group, my guess is that they're mostly pretty inexperienced (despite what they tell you). If you decide to "experiment," I'd recommend getting a few books on how to make sex more enjoyable, and benefit from the experience of others.

Good Luck!

Dindrane