PLEASE READ NOW> Messy Bedroom

(SP)

(wow, I have an announcement

Aw, hell. This was in my email box on the 19th but i hadn't checked my mail since the 18th until now...

Anyway, about 2 months ago i contacted a local 'sex column' called My Messy Bedroom written by Josey Vogels(i think based out of Toronto, but i'm not sure), thats in alot if the free alty newspapers around here. I wondered if they would do an article on us, and they said maybe. I told Avenguy just to tell someone but no one else in case nothing came of it. but just now i was emailed back again sayinf that they would like to do a story on us

This is the exact email:

Hello again,

Josey would like to cover this topic, but would like to chat with someone who is very articulate and can discuss asexuality as an "orientation" and who could delineate the differences between asexuality and celibacy, which we know are not the same thing... To your knowledge, are there any professional studies or anything on the subject?

Also, Josey would like to interview at least 2 "everyday" people -- at least one male and one female (it would be by phone, and would be anonymous in print). Would you be able to post a message in your online community forum with this request? (Or perhaps you yourself would like to talk about this with her?) The only catch is that she'd want to set up the interview soon, like, for next Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (Feb 23, 24, or 25).

Interested parties can contact me at this email address.

Crossing fingers that you can help out!!

All the best,

Karen

....The email address is this... karen@mymessybedroom.com

Karen LaRocca

MY MESSY BEDROOM

Phone: 416.537.2019

Fax: 416.532.0804

I would like to do this, but it says by phone only, and i am having a weird situation with telephone machines right now, that i won't go into but it might prevent me from participating even though i started it all, unless i can arange something else....

it says she only needs a few people--at least 2 , but she'd probably have more, but if like 90 of you want to , i don't know i guess you can just fight amongst each other.

so is anyone up for this

what do we all think about this?

....and forgiveness please for the short notice

Cool! I hate the phone. I like their notice, hehe. You might ask AG, or Kate, or Julie, or Josh. They're all very active with the awareness thing. Who was in the Nerve article last time?

my phone is shot to hell... :?

plus, i'm all frazzled, considering the fact that this is finals week for me.

well, i hope someone can help in time..so far one person pm-ed me to say they sent an email

I don't think i'll be able to do this, so keep me updated--either privately or in this thread as to what happens...

Ack! I've been volunteered for something! *glares at Fluffy*

Um. I really uncomfortable with the phone. And I'm sort of busy planning the talk I'm going to give on Thursday. Could I not be volunteered for this, please?

Good grief...

Is the need really THAT desparate? Where are all the Avenites hiding?

Come ON you guys/gals/others!

I have no issues with talking on the phone, but I seriously wonder if I would be an accurate representative of the "typical" asexual?

*having crisis of confidence*

What do y'all think?

-Greybird

Sorry Julie...I just knew you were active...and...good at saying stuff...and.. cries.gif Don't hate me! ::clutches Julie's ankle::

I really hate the telephone as well. Sure you'd be fine Grey. There IS no typical asexual.

OK, thanks to Fuffy's encouragement, I emailed Karen and volunteered.

I will let you all know if anything comes of it.

-Greybird

VivreEstEsperer

I'll do it, I'll do it! Hehe. I woulda volunteered earlier but I didn't get to AVEN till now. Y'all should email me if something important like this happens, I check my email relatively frequently but I only get to AVEN a few times a week.

Anyway...I have now sent her an email. Hopefully it isn't too late.

Oh.. MMB apparently has a website. They seem to be a nationally syndicated sex/relationships column syndicated across Canada. Syndicated = more people reading it = awesome!

What is it with these Canadians? They're awesome! I think this is the third media venture we've had express interest in asexuality from Canada? Maybe fourth?

Rock on.

Kate

I have a scheduled interview for Wednesday ..... :shock:

and NOW I get nervous. Geez .....

*hitting self on head saying "Get over it, already!"*

-Greybird

VivreEstEsperer

She emailed back already and said she had enough people already. *mildly dissapointed* oh well, have fun you guys and gals who are doing it! yay for more vis.

Have fun and let us know how the interviews go. What they ask and whether they take us seriously. Can someone post any article that results?

I wonder how the interviews went...

Anyway I was contacted and asked to thank everyone for willing to be involved. She also said she might post a thank you once as a guest..

I would also like to thank people as i thought maybe no one would volunteer in time.

I hope it turns out deliciously, as this was my first visibility attempt..so we'll see

Well, I survived my interview and I think it went well.

Josey said the article will be viewable online Mar 11 at

www.mymessybedroom.com (I'm not sure if that is the exact address, but it's close.)

I will be curious about it too.

-Greybird

Live R Perfect

Well done all! :D

I have visibility badges to present to Sacred, AVENguy and Greybird.

*Starts sewing badges onto their blazers*

VivreEstEsperer

Will someone post it here on March 11 in case others of us forget to look??

Thanks!

(we should perhaps make a separate thread for is under World Watch or Vis as well.)

• 2 weeks later...

I had my interview with Josey and it went well.

Archived